The PS3 "super patch"

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Today is the release of the NA version, tomorrow for EU.

The table updates are probably not live yet. I am pointed to the PSN store but there are only the old packages. Let's wait for the official announcement in the PSN blog.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
For europeans, when there is an update for TPA, it's in late tuesday night, before the wednesday PSStore update (last time it was around 3.00AM GMT. I know it because I was playing, and the leaderboards crashed. Had to reboot the system, and after TPA relaunch, there was the update).

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
season 3 seems to have just shown up in game in the US
Both Fish Tales and Black Rose

Whitewater seems fixed in 1080 YAY

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
D/ling now...

What a process. I know FS did what they had to do to preserve game data and saves, but DANG this takes FOREVER to start the game 20 times and individually d/l each table pack.

It would also be cool if they would consistently name each pack. Half of them don't have PS3 or PSVita in the description, so I have to download everything twice and then delete the PSVita packages off the XMB. Wasted bandwidth and rather unnecessary if they would just put PS3 or Vita in each title. About 1 out of 4, it is labelled correctly. You gets what you gets, I suppose....

I'm hoping it's all worth it!!

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
You can DL them either way. Had to DL Scared Stiff/Big Shot from the store as the option to DL wasn't available in-game.

Anyway, I Dled a bunch of tables so far, and the blurry textures that plagued some Vita tables are now gone from what I can tell. Attack From Mars and Scared Stiff look so much better now. Framerate is now better on Dr. Dude. This patch has it all.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Jan, so far on my initial test of AFM, the flippers are MUCH better and the pop bumpers are fixed.

I think this is going to do it for us long-suffering PS3 players!!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm installing from the store. It's a bit more efficient. Start Pinball Arcade to get the title game patch and then exit the game. Do a search for pinball in the store and find the title game. Click on more items in the add on list. You will see a grid of all the add ons for pinball arcade. Download all the ones you own and you'll be all updated.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
I'm installing from the store. It's a bit more efficient. Start Pinball Arcade to get the title game patch and then exit the game. Do a search for pinball in the store and find the title game. Click on more items in the add on list. You will see a grid of all the add ons for pinball arcade. Download all the ones you own and you'll be all updated.

I'm going to switch methods. I've been d/ling for 1/2 hour already and I'm only up to Dr Dude.... :/

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013

Thanks for the tip! Time to head home early from work and start rolling through the downloads.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
okay ... there seems to be a problem here.
Cue Ball Wiz and El Dor pack seems like they don't want to stay "updated". I've downloaded the pack like 4 times now. a few I have felt like I've done more than once but that one for sure is having problems.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
okay ... there seems to be a problem here.
Cue Ball Wiz and El Dor pack seems like they don't want to stay "updated". I've downloaded the pack like 4 times now. a few I have felt like I've done more than once but that one for sure is having problems.

DL the patch in game. Then wait for the DL to finish WITHOUT closing TPA. After it's done, click on it to update TPA. It will ask if you want to close the app to update. Say yes.

I've had this issue with every pack I tried to update. Doing the above fixed the issue for me. Also, I thought Cue Ball/Dorado was one of the tables that DOESN'T need updating?? The patch is only for packs 1 to 16.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Some packs updated, some say "nothing to purchase". I guess they aren't fully set up with the updates yet. Gotta go to work, will deal with this after work. Most likely have to go directly through PSN for them apparently. No time now.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
DL the patch in game. Then wait for the DL to finish WITHOUT closing TPA. After it's done, click on it to update TPA. It will ask if you want to close the app to update. Say yes.

I've had this issue with every pack I tried to update. Doing the above fixed the issue for me. Also, I thought Cue Ball/Dorado was one of the tables that DOESN'T need updating?? The patch is only for packs 1 to 16.

Every single table required a update for me aside from the launch pack and the 1st two dlc that were updated with the main patch. I've been doing all the patches in game...they are all fine but that one currently. 5th time downloading and still says new and improved every time I try to launch. Trying the PS store now.

Edit: still no good
Going to delete the game and redownload all the crap over...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts