The PS3 "super patch"

BadgerDeluxe

FarSight Employee
Aug 14, 2013
Some packs updated, some say "nothing to purchase". I guess they aren't fully set up with the updates yet. Gotta go to work, will deal with this after work. Most likely have to go directly through PSN for them apparently. No time now.

Just letting you guys know that our PSN reps got in contact with us and told us that there are package files that they haven't updated yet, if anyone's having problems with the update. Supposedly it'll be all fully live around 2pm PST. Not sure why they're spreading it out like that but that's what we're being told.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Cheers, much appreciated! Been looking forward to this update, but if I have to wait, there's not much I can do. As long as it all works when it releases, then I'd rather it be delayed. I assume that the same is true for the PS Vita patch also then?

BadgerDeluxe

FarSight Employee
Aug 14, 2013
Cheers, much appreciated! Been looking forward to this update, but if I have to wait, there's not much I can do. As long as it all works when it releases, then I'd rather it be delayed. I assume that the same is true for the PS Vita patch also then?

Thanks for being so patient! And yeah the Vita patch is tied in altogether with that. Won't be much longer now :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Stereoscopic 3D is here, but something is very off with it. :(
I've only tried it with Attack from Mars, but it's double vision. It seems it's was too extreme.

I also couldn't find a way to adjust the level of 3D, though I don't think that's the issue here.

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
Jan, so far on my initial test of AFM, the flippers are MUCH better and the pop bumpers are fixed.

I think this is going to do it for us long-suffering PS3 players!!

Man, just to remember those hours trying the 100 bumpers, must be quite easy now right? :(

Just one guye mentioned White Water, anyone else?!?!?!? Are we done?!??!?! :D

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Well something must be worked out. I got all Season 1 & 2 tables downloaded and installed.

And all I can say is...

DEAR GOD THANK YOU FARSIGHT.

This is amazing.

UHHHH. MAAAAAAZZZINNNNNGGGGG.

ToM is actually visible and color-balanced correctly - and no more floaty weirdness. The crazy overcontrasted Taxi looks incredible now. Flipper action is far and away the best it's ever been across the board.

I haven't played thru everything yet, but if these first 3-4 tables are any indication, this MegaPatch was WELL worth the wait.

Great work guys. Thank you!!!!

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Man, just to remember those hours trying the 100 bumpers, must be quite easy now right? :(

Just one guye mentioned White Water, anyone else?!?!?!? Are we done?!??!?! :D

One game, I wasn't even trying for it and I was down to only 20 hits left for Super. :) :)

BadgerDeluxe

FarSight Employee
Aug 14, 2013
Well something must be worked out. I got all Season 1 & 2 tables downloaded and installed.

And all I can say is...

DEAR GOD THANK YOU FARSIGHT.

This is amazing.

UHHHH. MAAAAAAZZZINNNNNGGGGG.

ToM is actually visible and color-balanced correctly - and no more floaty weirdness. The crazy overcontrasted Taxi looks incredible now. Flipper action is far and away the best it's ever been across the board.

I haven't played thru everything yet, but if these first 3-4 tables are any indication, this MegaPatch was WELL worth the wait.

Great work guys. Thank you!!!!

Makes us very happy and sweat a little less to read this! :p Thank you!!

Stereoscopic 3D is here, but something is very off with it. :(
I've only tried it with Attack from Mars, but it's double vision. It seems it's was too extreme.

I also couldn't find a way to adjust the level of 3D, though I don't think that's the issue here.

Been getting a few reports of this. Looking into it!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Is there any chance of a changelog this time?

I've only checked one table, Attack from Mars, and it looks better, but things I see that weren't fixed so far:

1. Ball translucent bug is present. (I though this was fixed or said to be fixed)
2. Ball skins (they look bad with no shine) part of the bug mentioned above?
3. Flyer scans in Extras are still very low resolution.
4. Stereoscopic 3D is way off.

These are not complaints btw.
I'm just trying to keep track of what was or wasn't addressed.

BadgerDeluxe

FarSight Employee
Aug 14, 2013
Is there any chance of a changelog this time?

I've only checked one table, Attack from Mars, and it looks better, but things I see that weren't fixed so far:

1. Ball translucent bug is present. (I though this was fixed or said to be fixed)
2. Ball skins (they look bad with no shine) part of the bug mentioned above?
3. Flyer scans in Extras are still very low resolution.
4. Stereoscopic 3D is way off.

These are not complaints btw.
I'm just trying to keep track of what was or wasn't addressed.

Not a problem, feel free to compile them here and we'll figure out if it's something that just hasn't gone fully live yet or still needs to be addressed. Thanks!

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
F the patience, i appreciate the work farsight studio is doing but seriously, how lazy with public relation you can be? Ok patch can be when sony decide it will be, ok, but sacrefice 5 minutes of your time to write one post is too much? Some peoples here are really waiting, meybe a bit of info beforehand whats going on? Im in eu, is the patch is going to be tomorrow?no? Yes? You dont know? Why we need to search info what farsight is doing on facebook, on forum, or maybe if someone from drev team is kind enough to answer. Farsight, your product is great, but your idea how to comunicate info is a jocke, how apropriate for toodays date. 5 minutes from one of your guys... 5 minutes to say... Ok will be in us, meybe eu... WE DONT KNOW... Anything... I love TPA, but this is a jocke, happy prima aprillis :/

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
F the patience, i appreciate the work farsight studio is doing but seriously, how lazy with public relation you can be? Ok patch can be when sony decide it will be, ok, but sacrefice 5 minutes of your time to write one post is too much? Some peoples here are really waiting, meybe a bit of info beforehand whats going on? Im in eu, is the patch is going to be tomorrow?no? Yes? You dont know? Why we need to search info what farsight is doing on facebook, on forum, or maybe if someone from drev team is kind enough to answer. Farsight, your product is great, but your idea how to comunicate info is a jocke, how apropriate for toodays date. 5 minutes from one of your guys... 5 minutes to say... Ok will be in us, meybe eu... WE DONT KNOW... Anything... I love TPA, but this is a jocke, happy prima aprillis :/
Go back one page. Look for a dark blue username.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Going through My Tables, Central Park has the TOTAN music and when attempted to start crashes the same way WH2O did.

EDIT: starting and updating its companion, Cactus Canyon, fixed this for me!

edit2: just saw grasshopper had same problem and suggested the same solution.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Going through My Tables, Central Park has the TOTAN music and when attempted to start crashes the same way WH2O did.
I had the same problem but it fixed when I updated the table it was paired with.
Edit: Cactus Canyon I suppose.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts