The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
we`re praying for rain over here , not for us on the coastline , but for our country cousins on the farms , poor bastards have copped it hard for quite a few years . most farms are dust bowls , you cry for the poor buggers .:( yep I`ve been watching a bit too , there good . :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
We have the rain today. Been going all night and doesn’t seem to be slowing.

Never met a fish n chips I didn’t love. One of my many weaknesses.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
We have the rain today. Been going all night and doesn’t seem to be slowing.

Never met a fish n chips I didn’t love. One of my many weaknesses.
Kolchak , my biggest weakness too . not many Aussies don`t like fish n chips . because most of us live near the water , we go swimming or fishing , and we all look forward to fish n chips or a burger , as all shops sell both . drag the clouds our way please , our farmers are doing it tough . Citizen you don`t know what your missing !!!:cool:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Ha, love it. The land of fish fry fridays. What kind of fish do you fry up there?

Cod, perch, haddock, walleye, bluegill, catfish and smelt are the most common/traditional ones here.

They've actually been worried recently because lake fish is being depleted by Wisconsin fish fries.

Haddock for me.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sounds like anything that will fit in the fryer. Cod and haddock are my faves for fish & chips. But you fry any fish and I probably won't complain.
Never had smelt. Sounds like a bait fish.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Oh I meant to say lake perch not lake fish. We're not that nuts. Thankfully I don't care for perch so it doesn't affect me.

You won't catch me going to a smelt fry either. But those are only done on special occasions, they aren't part of the normal every Friday thing. And yeah they're little fish that can be used as bait, often fried whole. No thanks.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Sounds like anything that will fit in the fryer. Cod and haddock are my faves for fish & chips. But you fry any fish and I probably won't complain.
Never had smelt. Sounds like a bait fish.
my fav , cod , hake , hoki , bream , whiting , flathead , jew , coral trout , and shark , the bastards bite us , so we bite them back hehe !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great to here from you Jeff . hope you both have moved in smoothly . oh fishermen and women go ape s... to go to the Top End of Australia . I`ll tell you about my brother who loves fishing . when he was in his 20s , he went up north caught his first barra , he drove straight away back home to show our Mum , then went back again . then another time he went to Darwin stayed there for a couple of months fishing . you could say barra fishing in the Top End is the Holy Grail for fishing . the added pressure fishing up there , is you have an audience watching you , crocs , and their big mothers .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.