The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I like it. How about...

Season of the Seawitch
Oops, sorry, that's a Donovan song.

Edit: ok back with another Dylan. How about an EM reference?
Subterranean Homesick Blue Chip

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Engorged in Elvira. (My bad, the joke's kinda dead)

Maybe the word I was looking for was Engaged

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My friend at work downloaded an app called Pinball Quiz.
It shows a picture of a part of a pin. It then gives you jumbled up letters to help you solve the name of the pin. We were playing it today and it was fun. It's also free. He was playing on a kindle. I didn't see it in the Apple store when I looked for it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
On twitch tonight a group from Chicago will be playing Red and Ted's Roadshow. A fun pin to watch live. They will be on from 6 to about 7:30 Eastern USA time. Search on twitch under Dead_Flip

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
My friend at work downloaded an app called Pinball Quiz.
It shows a picture of a part of a pin. It then gives you jumbled up letters to help you solve the name of the pin. We were playing it today and it was fun. It's also free. He was playing on a kindle. I didn't see it in the Apple store when I looked for it.
From what I've seen in the past you would do very well with this.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm ok at it but it's actually pretty tough. They only show a small part of the playfield. But the jumbled up letters make it a little easier if you aren't sure.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
rest in peace palph baer

had a chance to play with an oddessy might have been some form of clone, shame there was no real game logic

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
enhanced_buzz_354_1417718421_11.jpg

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Okay, Pop Quiz! Who can, without looking it up, list the amount of recording time available on Sony Betamax tapes (L-250, L-500, L-750, etc)?

Personally I think this is perhaps the reason Betamax lost - VHS tapes were all like "yeah, E-120, that's 120 minutes of recording, any fool can figure that out!" whereas Betamax was all "L-500, that's, um, let's look at the back of the box and... oh, that's kind of arbitrary isn't it? Ah whatever it's better quality! Wait, where are you going? Come back!".

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Okay, Pop Quiz! Who can, without looking it up, list the amount of recording time available on Sony Betamax tapes (L-250, L-500, L-750, etc)?

Personally I think this is perhaps the reason Betamax lost - VHS tapes were all like "yeah, E-120, that's 120 minutes of recording, any fool can figure that out!" whereas Betamax was all "L-500, that's, um, let's look at the back of the box and... oh, that's kind of arbitrary isn't it? Ah whatever it's better quality! Wait, where are you going? Come back!".

Didn't it depend upon with of the three speeds you chose as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.