The Random Thought Thread

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
[video=youtube;y9KopBHFepE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y9KopBHFepE[/video]

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
b92f3bfc9339f09e3dbc36b1f5dc1d00860368cb2cceb79dabb8a061a29b5a88.jpg

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
ok extork mang, i only discovered this guy thru wired today, but omg is his sh*t sick... :) integrated oscilloscope-stage display showing the ravey-drum-bass tones he's generating, a real musicio-scientist! knocks me out! :) sorry i'm too old-fogey for dub-step (even skinny puppy's latest tries at it leave me a bit cold); this shix is more in-between industrial, drum-bass and ebm to me...

i hadn't been this knocked out by a "youtube find" since kutiman - they may both "not doing anything new", but just doing it their way - somehow really rings awesome in my ears!

Last edited:

workshed

Feb 26, 2015

This reminds me of a visit to New Zealand six or seven years ago. (edit: just checked the time stamps from my pics on that trip, it was 2012. My ability to estimate time spans is clearly broken) On the way to a nature preserve the woman on the tour bus next to me (also an American) said something along the lines of "I hope they have meerkats. Do you think they will have any?" I suggested it might be unlikely and somehow avoided rolling my eyes. I think I developed a phobia of people that are unnaturally attracted to meerkats. (I assume that Meerkat Manor show had something to do with her interest, but I've never seen it) Of course once we got there a tour guide helpfully explained that the tuatara is the closest living relative of the Dinosaurs and that biologists were still not completely sure if the kiwi was a bird or a mammal. As a biology nerd I'm proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut, but I don't know how I managed not to tear my hair out.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
ok extork mang, i only discovered this guy thru wired today, but omg is his sh*t sick... :) integrated oscilloscope-stage display showing the ravey-drum-bass tones he's generating, a real musicio-scientist! knocks me out! :) sorry i'm too old-fogey for dub-step (even skinny puppy's latest tries at it leave me a bit cold); this shix is more in-between industrial, drum-bass and ebm to me...

i hadn't been this knocked out by a "youtube find" since kutiman - they may both "not doing anything new", but just doing it their way - somehow really rings awesome in my ears!

I have a feeling you'll like this...

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just to clear some things up with whitechocolate. First of all, nice find. And I did get my enjoyment out of it right before work. It was chaos, but all it takes us some experimental/weird techno to calm me down. Second of all, I used to be a radio dj, and I've done a couple of house parties. And third (and most importantly), do NOT think of me as a dubstep head. To me, who cares what the scene is like. Yeah there's a ton of hipster younger peeps into dubstep. That's not the reason I'm saying this. Music is music. There is no wrong choice. All I'm saying is, pretty much all of my electronic preferences are NOT dubstep. Yeah, there's DUBSIDIA which is dear to my heart. Espescially 'dubsidia - z'. For me, it's gotta have a broken beat. It's gotta have a tiny bit of hardcore. Softcore? I don't know, depends on the band/dj. No one's heard of it that I've met but Plaid is a favorite of mine. It's 2 dudes, much like Orbital, but with Plaid, they are doing experimental music unlike any other. It just connects with my soul. Yes, aphex twin is the most well known experimental artist, but there's something different about plaid. Maybe it's just a personal thing. I haven't been able to convince anyone about how talented Plaid are. It's not something that I used to play on the radio. Their songs are so different from one another, yet to a trained ear, it's plaid. Hell, gimme a sec and I'm gonna show you 'plaid - mfaus'

Suck it up haters. As far as being random, if someone is asking about my biggest hobby, so be it.

Ummm... Whitechocolate, u have a habit of being long winded, so I thought I'd do the same. To all yo haters, just let us have our moment of glory. Zaccaria has techno sounds all through it, so eat a fat one, haters

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

It's so good. It goes from 'what the hell's going on' to 'now we're being playful' to 'now we have 3 melodies ontop of eachother' to 'calm' to 'now everything is going haywire' and mad, and then it just ends. All in 3min. They are known for having multiple melodies ontop of eachother. Hence 'new family' by plaid

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This is an example of the melody carrying a tune, and changing rapidly, or even being dropped on a different melody. Yes, the subject matter of the video is iffy. But if you listen to it in a different setting, it could have a totally different meaning. And don't say it's just church bells, that's a fast track to my shot list. I've said enough. Somebody stop me

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.