There will be no EM this season

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Someone on the facebook page asked if we were still getting an EM this season, seeing that none did that great in the latest poll, and the response was not good.

Last year, Jay mentioned doing an EM this season.

Just to clarify, was the "Pre 1980" poll supposed to be that EM slot for this season, seeing that none of the final EM contenders made it to the final round?

Thanks.

Yes, it was, and the votes did not reflect a strong enough desire for an EM table, when given the choice between older tables that are still SS, vs. True EMs.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Someone on the facebook page asked if we were still getting an EM this season, seeing that none did that great in the latest poll, and the response was not good.

Last year, Jay mentioned doing an EM this season.

Just to clarify, was the "Pre 1980" poll supposed to be that EM slot for this season, seeing that none of the final EM contenders made it to the final round?

Thanks.

It would be nice if Farsight could throw in a free EM bonus table each season for Season Pass holders, in addition to the 10 tables. Ask Homework recently announced they are throwing in 9 bonus EM tables for Gold pass holders so 1 table from Farsighted must be a possibility?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I was really hoping for Fireball. :(

I believe that if the poll was done on the FS FB page their would have been MANY MORE votes. I remember trying to vote on the poll that included Diner and I finally gave up because it was so frustrating signing up. I'm far from a dummy when it comes to computer (just everything else) but I remember thinking " this is a pain in the neck" and giving up after 5 minutes. Please FS, don't re-neg on the EM promise. That means true em's not SS. I spend $8 every month for the pro version of tables and in fact even when I could buy season one and two originally I chose to buy the tables pack by pack to support your company. I shall continue to buy the pro pack each and every month, I'm committed to that so please follow through on your commitments to the fans!!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
would have been nice to know that the Paragon/Xenon Poll was actually the EM poll before everyone voted. Now Xenon winning is a real kick in the balls. that being said, I do like Xenon and am happy to have it in TPA. sounds like there will be no EM's in TPA at all now. maybe another company like ASK Homework can start making older American EM's when they finish the Zaccaria Collection.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Xenon was NOT produced before 1980. COME ON GUYS. you specifically said we would have one EM per season in 4 and 5

i realize so e tables came out in both formats but given the amount of chatter I would say there is plenty of interest in EM's. Please guys, follow through and give us a few EM's. Not Xenon, which was produced towards the end of 1980....,,that's not previous. I've been a loyal customer and buy my tables pack by pack in order to support you guys....now please follow through on your end.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Oh well. The choices were there and the community showed they didn't want it. In the original poll between Centigrade 37, Fireball, Royal Flush, and Spirit of 76 there were only 65 votes. Not a huge showing for the EM outcry that's been going on. And the second poll its even clearer that EMs are not wanted in favor of SS or newer machines. The fact is this is a company needs money to stay in business so its pretty clear its not worth taking a risk on EM sales when you have sure fire sales for Xenon or Paragon.

That said I love Silverballs idea of a "free" EM as a reward those that have a "gold" season pass (e.g. if you have all the season passes up to S4). No idea how well the Seasons passes sell but if the company is looking for a way to motivate people to buy in to them then that might be a good marketing tactic. I can imagine the hard core EM players, who just buy a la carte as they don't care so much for newer tables, may be more prone to purchase the Season Passes. Or just bake an EM in to one of the tiered rewards for whatever the next Kickstarter is. $100 gets you whatever Kickstarter table plus an excusive EM table.

Here's hoping for an EM in S5.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Oh well. The choices were there and the community showed they didn't want it. In the original poll between Centigrade 37, Fireball, Royal Flush, and Spirit of 76 there were only 65 votes. Not a huge showing for the EM outcry that's been going on. And the second poll its even clearer that EMs are not wanted in favor of SS or newer machines. The fact is this is a company needs money to stay in business so its pretty clear its not worth taking a risk on EM sales when you have sure fire sales for Xenon or Paragon.

That said I love Silverballs idea of a "free" EM as a reward those that have a "gold" season pass (e.g. if you have all the season passes up to S4). No idea how well the Seasons passes sell but if the company is looking for a way to motivate people to buy in to them then that might be a good marketing tactic. I can imagine the hard core EM players, who just buy a la carte as they don't care so much for newer tables, may be more prone to purchase the Season Passes. Or just bake an EM in to one of the tiered rewards for whatever the next Kickstarter is. $100 gets you whatever Kickstarter table plus an excusive EM table.

Maybe I could do a spinoff in the future. Not promising anything, though...

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

Possibly because no one knew that this was the EM selection OR because Xenon was thrown I. There even though it clearly didn't meet the criteria. Ie : pre 1980. That means tables that were real eased before 1980 although I'm sure your aware of this

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Great to know bobby king is nothing more than a liar. I think the people in positions of power need to either think before speaking or just shut up. He really is only contributing to the further regression of this company's credibility.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
a349894998f5604993893a1d9fc349d2.jpg

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If the original intent was to do one EM this season and let the poll decide it, then why start a poll that isn't strictly EM's? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense...but hey, can't say I'm surprised as a lot of their manegerial decisions don't make much sense.

As silverballs pointed out, long live VP.

Last edited:

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
If the original intent was to do one EM this season and let the poll decide it, then why start a poll that isn't strictly EM's? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It makes sense if the company really didn't want to do an EM to begin with. This way, they can say "Hey, we tried." and not look bad. (In their minds, anyway)

As soon as I saw "Pre 1980" headline, I knew we weren't getting an EM. If they seriously wanted to do an EM, they would've just chosen Fireball and been done with it, seeing that's the most requested EM on here and on facebook. I don't think anyone would've been upset with that choice, even the non EM crowd.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.