These pro modes are such crap and offer little value.

Raoul

Sep 30, 2016
Bought a couple and don't see anything special.

I thought it would help my game in BSD hoping you could edit the table or something like switching from Lightning to Regular flippers but I guess that's asking too much.

Dear Pinball Arcade.... Since you've been in "I don't care mode" for the last few years why not just have a sale and put your seasons at half price since all you care about is a quick buck while there's still interest.

No editor, no physics adjustment, no flipper adjustment.......no way(speaking in Black Knight 2000 voice).

Anyone seen season 6?......Are you guys trying to be out of business?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Would it really have killed you to spend 2 minutes researching what pro mode is? you want some help with bsd? in the words of darsouls guys "git gud!".

I hope your disappointment with pro tables doesnt detract from the games themselves! i stopped buying pro around season 4 as i didnt find it useful.

even when farsight drop the next wms it wont be one 1 in 3 want, i feellike im workin a complaints desks reading this these days!

my inner bofh is banging on its cage

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You get a better look at the table and the controls like you opened the coin door on a real pin. If that doesn't interest you, then definitely buy the regular version. I rarely ever use the pro modes.
As for season six, it has some of my favorites and some of my least liked. But I am glad to have every one available.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Doesn't the Pro upgrade offer alternate voiceovers on Scared Stiff and Medieval Madness? Are there any other tables that actually add content with the Pro upgrade?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I haven't bought the pro mode in a while. Scared Stiff is the only table I'd really recommend it because of the added dialogue. It can be helpful if your skills aren't up to snuff in one of the DMD games because you can change the amount of balls you get and Nerf some of the settings. This is if you're trying to get to the wizard mode and just can't cut it with three balls.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
When Pro mode first hit, I bought one table to try it out and left it at that due to not really using it, then a couple of months later Farsight hinted that difficulty settings (table angle) might be added via the pro mode purchase so I snapped up the ones I'd skipped, and bought the next season pass with pro mode too but the difficulty settings never came. So I haven't bought any for the past few seasons.

The only one I'd buy in the future would be a Black Knight pro pack, if the table ever got rom emulation as promised. I'd love to change the operator settings like the real table can be, so lock requires the horseshoe each time, and drop target reset is tightened up. This is the ultimate shooters table when set this way. Come on Farsight - make good on your promise.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I buy pro mode for one reason only: Table Exploration. A feature which, frankly, should be in normal mode. I want to be able to have at least one good closeup look at what the various lights and so on say because it helps me understand how to play the table (the arrows in the instructions aren't quite good enough for me).

But I don't mind giving Farsight the cash. I just wish they'd apply pro mode retroactively to seasons 1 and 2.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Scared Stiff is the only table I'd really recommend it because of the added dialogue.

Maybe so but TPA version of Scared Stuff still has dialogue missing vs the real iron. There is like a 4 worded sentence missing just before coffin multi ball starts. She speaks it randomly as to why they may of removed it...
I can't fully remember what she says but it might be something like "Wooh! Did you see that!?!?".

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I buy pro mode for one reason only: Table Exploration. A feature which, frankly, should be in normal mode. I want to be able to have at least one good closeup look at what the various lights and so on say because it helps me understand how to play the table (the arrows in the instructions aren't quite good enough for me).

But I don't mind giving Farsight the cash. I just wish they'd apply pro mode retroactively to seasons 1 and 2.
I might be able to save you some money in the future :)

Play a game, hit pause.
Take a screen shot.
Open an image viewer, open your screen shot.
Pinch zoom and pan around.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I buy pro mode for one reason only: Table Exploration. A feature which, frankly, should be in normal mode.

In the earlier versions of TPA (until Medieval Madness if I remember well), the Table Exploration was unlockable by completing all wizard goals (like in Williams PHOF). But FS removed it and put it in DLC Pro Mode instead... to make some extra cash.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
In the earlier versions of TPA (until Medieval Madness if I remember well), the Table Exploration was unlockable by completing all wizard goals (like in Williams PHOF). But FS removed it and put it in DLC Pro Mode instead... to make some extra cash.

I dont think this was ever a thing at least on ios...or if it was how did i miss it,maybe your confusing it with the phof games. never knew tpa had this?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I don't remember it for Android either. The only thing we unlock with all table goals is the ability to turn tilt off.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Pro mode is definitely a ripoff at that price, pretty crazy what they've valued it at. I agree that for $5/table those basic features should be included.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Would it really have killed you to spend 2 minutes researching what pro mode is? you want some help with bsd? in the words of darsouls guys "git gud!".

I hope your disappointment with pro tables doesnt detract from the games themselves! i stopped buying pro around season 4 as i didnt find it useful.

even when farsight drop the next wms it wont be one 1 in 3 want, i feellike im workin a complaints desks reading this these days!

my inner bofh is banging on its cage

Hairy using his shift key? What's all this madness??? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts