Things Got Expensive

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Tickets for ZZ Top at a local university's performing arts center in March? Wouldn't be too expensive you'd think but the cheapest tickets are $79. Ouch.

I was kind of hoping to get to both that gig and Gn'R in Hershey in the summer; maybe not at those kinds of prices!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
$69 at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe. But it's a Tuesday night. I'm still thinking about this one.
I've never seen ZZ Top. Had tickets to a show that got cancelled once. That's as close as I ever got.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Better go see ZZ while they're still touring. They're getting up there in age, but still rock the blues just as hard as ever.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
A buddy of mine was going to see AC/DC just prior to Brian Johnson announcing his hearing loss. The prices in Philly were crazy. My wife and I went to the PPL Center this summer to see Def Leppard and REO Speedwagon at about $90 bucks a seat. Now we were close to the stage so that wasn't too bad but many of these classic bands ticket prices are shooting up. Why? Because its close to the end for them. Gotta make the bucks while you can. $$$$$

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Saw Kiss at the Allentown Fair this September. With Ticketmaster fees it came to $100 per seat. And those were seats back in the grandstands.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
earlier this year the boss was in ireland i really kicked myself that i couldnt attend and get my moneys worth...3 hour set

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was looking at tickets for an NBA game when my friend was here in town since he's a fan, and they were around $100 a seat if we wanted anything that wasn't a nosebleeder...and much more expensive if we wanted anything in the lower section...so that makes me feel much better about concert tickets. Spending that much for a few hours of quality music and showmanship seems much more worth it than watching a bunch of millionaires throw a ball through a hoop and lollygag around (the NBA just ain't what it used to be when we were kids).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks for that reply old chum. I've felt the same way for a long time. I've had my beard and worn my plaid way before they became trendy.:D

You sort of became a hipster without even trying. ;)

As for tickets, my brother just told me he would pick us up tickets to see UFO. I've never seen them live, but they have a good reputation for live concerts. Don't know what the ticket will cost me, but I rarely go to a show with my brother. So I won't mind the cost as much.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.