Thinking about getting a Star Trek: TNG Pinball Machine

Siddeous

Dec 31, 2012
Nothing much. I got an email from the rep from Ellis and the unit was rotated from the Pizzeria in Middleton where it was at and was mistakenly sent to a Bowling alley in Boise. They are going to get it back to their shop next week. So I am going to email the rep in the morning and arrange when would be a good time to really go over it and inspect the unit and go over the condition of the machine. It gave me an opportunity to go play some more games. The bowling alley was significantly closer to me. If we can agree on repairs, full shopping of the unit and the price yeah I'll probably end up buying it.

Siddeous

Dec 31, 2012
The rep from Ellis has emailed me today and the pinball machine is now back at their Shop in Meridian, a nice couple of minutes away if that. Monday I have the day off from work so I am going to go inspect the unit in more detail and after the physical examination of the machine and if we can agree price, repairs, shopping, guarantee of work then we will go from there. My bank is closed on Monday for the holiday so I wouldn't be able to make any deposit or down payment until Tuesday at the earliest.

It still all depends on the interior condition of the machine and if we can agree on the price, repairs, shopping and guarantee of the work.

Siddeous

Dec 31, 2012
I got another email from Ellis over the weekend that the Star Trek TNG pinball has been rotated back to their shop. He originally said Star Wars but thought nothing much about it. I have today off and I was driving around and stopped by the bowling alley where it got rotated to on accident. Sure enough it's rotated and Elvira and the Party Monsters is there now. Cause it's pinball I played a few games on it. My friend that has several machines is going with me and we are heading over there in 2 hours.

Siddeous

Dec 31, 2012
Looks like I won't be getting that machine. The price was too high for it's condition. Was only able to get the seller to drop 200 off of it. I said I would only agree with the price if I had a warranty and he refused. I declined the purchase. I've been searching again and a potential place just across the border in Oregon has one and the guy I talked to says they have one and he'll check with the owner. Should know tomorrow or Wednesday. To Be Continued.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Also be sure to check the under the playfield ramp/trough that collects and distributes balls around the playfield. Mine has significant damage and I'll be replacing it once I finish shopping it. Mine's been in storage for several years. It's time for me to get it out and finish it up! Love that machine!

Siddeous

Dec 31, 2012
I looked at two different TNG pinballs over the course of the last few days. I put an ad on Craigslist earlier last week looking for a TNG pinball and got a response from a Pinball enthusiast about 15 minutes away from me. He is looking to get around 4200 for it.

Craigslist
It's in great condition. A lot of the plastics need to be replaced but he has a plastics kit that's included so not an issue. The play field is in great condition and clean. The delta quadrant ramp is missing a little of it's ramp at the base. I'll need to get ramp guards. The wiring underneath is in great condition. The machine has had a partial LED light conversion. I would say about 75% of the machines lights are LED. Machine is owned by a pinball enthusiast that owns about 15 pinball machines. 4200 A side note I got to play a Medieval Madness.

Ontario Or
It's in good condition from what I saw. It needs to get cleaned and shopped. The back box could use a little touch up paint. The Delta Quadrant ramp no issues. Would need to have it brought back to their shop to see the under body and the wiring underneath. 1 broken plastic. looking around 4000 for it.

Pros of Craigslist TNG: Closer drive, owned by an enthusiast, not an operator, 75% lights LEDs, new plastics kit, clean. No sales tax.

Pros of Ontario TNG: Would need to have price dropped by a few hundred 3700 maybe? No Sales tax with purchases with companies in Oregon.

Cons of Craigslist TNG: Not really a con but the Delta Quadrant has a small portion of the base of the ramp broken like the ellis tng pinball I declined to buy. with some ramp guards not a problem. Owner not 100% certain on selling so he probably won't let it go for less.

Cons of Ontario TNG: Would need to look at it at their shop. 1 hr drive from Boise. min 2 trips. Price compared to the enthusiast's machine. Might not deliver so I might need to go pick it up.

I'm thinking the Craigslist TNG pinball unless the Ontario one would drop the price a couple hundred bucks to make it more inciting.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I'd go with the Craigslist one - $500 isn't all that much and you get so much more. Also, if they's an enthusiast, it means he'd have treated the machine really well, including maintenance. The machine isn't there to make money so it's more likely things that are breaking will be resolved ASAP. After all, a half-broken machine isn't fun to play, and he's owning the machine for fun.

Heck, if you're nice, he can probably source you a ramp guard easily - at least he'll know his pin will be well treated.

Siddeous

Dec 31, 2012
It was decided on Saturday night I wasn't even going to bother with the TNG pinball in Ontario OR, it would be a waste of time. I talked to Dan yesterday and it on the 9th I'll have my TNG pinball!

karl

May 10, 2012
Happy to hear it is working out for you. From what you have told, I think you went with the best option. I am thinking about buying a TNG myself so I will follow your thread. Only 4 days left until congratulations are in order ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.