Thoughts on tapatalk - and forum mods - any chance of installing it?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Works great!

Makes a huge difference to using the forum on mobile devices. Thanks for finding a way to get it installed Jeff :-D

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I got it installed ;)

For those using Tapatalk on the forum, please turn off the automatic signature line that the app posts.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well. Now that I have a use for it besides focus fanatics I've reinstalled it. It's going to get a workout now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Tapatalk HD is now available for Tablets.

Using this exclusively for all forum activity, and it works great.

N

Nik Barbour

Re: Thoughts on tapatalk

Tapatalk HD is now available for Tablets.

Using this exclusively for all forum activity, and it works great.

I had it on beta, then bought when released last week.
Still riddled with bugs though - just reported one yesterday, you can delete a PM then it will randomly re-appear. Only way to get rid - use the non hd app.
It is better looking and has now become the main one I use now though.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
was looking at this yesterday..... is it really worth it vs just accessing via normal chrome browser? Can't make my mind up whether worth using up my remaining free Google credit on this.

N

Nik Barbour

was looking at this yesterday..... is it really worth it vs just accessing via normal chrome browser? Can't make my mind up whether worth using up my remaining free Google credit on this.

Yes - definitely easier if you use forums a lot.
If you're more occasional use then no.
Its just easier to read and navigate.
I'll take a few screen shots for you

Subscribed unread threads...
unasuner.jpg

Browsing this thread...
adaguva2.jpg

If you're using a tablet 7"or larger you'd be better with HD app.
If on a phone the standard Tapatalk app is required.
The standard app works with both tablets and phones but doesn't look as good, whearas HD will only work on a tablet.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
thanks Nik - I was worried about it not looking good in portrait........ but looks fine. Think will give it a go.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Yep, it makes using forums fun.

Wouldn't be without this app. Even, as Nik rightly says, it is still full of bugs.

Got it for 99c as a reward for beta testing it.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
been using it for last few days and really like it on the nexus - very good. Only problem, I really should have checked which forums supported it first. I never dreamt AVFORUMS would not support it :( 2 of my regular forums don't support it, which is a shame.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
been using it for last few days and really like it on the nexus - very good. Only problem, I really should have checked which forums supported it first. I never dreamt AVFORUMS would not support it :( 2 of my regular forums don't support it, which is a shame.

Time to get on their forums and do what we did here. ;-) Unless someone else has already tried and failed.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Time to get on their forums and do what we did here. ;-) Unless someone else has already tried and failed.

there are pages and pages of complaints over several years on their forum. Sadly the tapatalk plugin is not compatible with AVFORUMS search code (causes server to crash). Despite working with the developers, AVFORUMS opted to create their own mobile app for browsing. Works great but means no tapatalk support :(

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just a heads up that Gord updated the plugin to the very latest vBulletin version available (4.3.1)

Consequently, you now have many more notification preferences you can configure:

eqyzevaq.jpg
(screenshot from Android version)

Long tap the triangle on the subscribed forum in Tapatalk HD and you can get to this menu.

Thanks for updating the plugin, Gord.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.