Timeframe on DX11 (Side Debate on the Effects of Piracy)

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
The main reason why I pirate some games is due to some companies doing wrong things and because PC Demo's are a RARE thing these days for AAA games.

To give an example, Battlefield 4 MP Beta, it just didn't work well on my computer which caused my to cancel my pre-order. Later it came to the light that they used an OLDER build (makes no sense at all) and that most of those issue were already fixed (Seemed more like alpha then beta then to me), after downloading the game it appeared the single player worked quite well compared to that beta but I wasn't willing to pay anymore because they blew it with their beta.

Using Beta's to test isn't a bad thing but, using an obsolete build to do that is. I do pay for most games now (used to pirate 90% of my games for sure) because I can, I would however still download games mainly due to not having demo's to try out. Most console games do get demo's even though each xbox 360 is the same and each ps3 is the same. PC's are all different and that is where a demo really would be usefull to see if it runs or not.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
The main reason why I pirate some games is due to some companies doing wrong things and because PC Demo's are a RARE thing these days for AAA games.

To give an example, Battlefield 4 MP Beta, it just didn't work well on my computer which caused my to cancel my pre-order. Later it came to the light that they used an OLDER build (makes no sense at all) and that most of those issue were already fixed (Seemed more like alpha then beta then to me), after downloading the game it appeared the single player worked quite well compared to that beta but I wasn't willing to pay anymore because they blew it with their beta.

Using Beta's to test isn't a bad thing but, using an obsolete build to do that is. I do pay for most games now (used to pirate 90% of my games for sure) because I can, I would however still download games mainly due to not having demo's to try out. Most console games do get demo's even though each xbox 360 is the same and each ps3 is the same. PC's are all different and that is where a demo really would be usefull to see if it runs or not.

You'd be surprised at how often demo versions of games are made from pre-release game builds, in some cases from months earlier. I think it's mainly because coding in the demo restrictions and other necessary stuff takes a while and they usually need to have it out before or at the very least the same time as the software releases. Not that that's an excuse for buggy demo builds, but it happens very often.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online