Status
Not open for further replies.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Farsight: Quantity wins.

Hmm judging by
- zaccaria posts nowadays making about 60% of the forum activity
- there being a request to rename the forum
- several threads from the hardcore user base loosing faith or just being pissed off

... that strategy may not have been the best.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
And the best thing is all those fanboys saying that they don't care about dx11 now crying why zaccaria looks so nice and TPA doesn't. Funny.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
And the best thing is all those fanboys saying that they don't care about dx11 now crying why zaccaria looks so nice and TPA doesn't. Funny.

No one cares about zaccaria as long as they're mobile only.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Well seeing's as DX11 hasn't been rolled out to the Beta Testers yet with less than 48hrs till the release on the new table pack i think we can safely say DX11 wont be making it this month

Why am I not surprised

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
So this is the latest (as far as I can tell), from 26th Feb:
My faith has been restored in Farsight!

Here's Bobby's response:

"We're on track to add DX11 lighting into the March update.

Adding the gold ROM and a second leaderboard was done in anticipation of adding tournament difficulty settings and more leaderboards.

Adding the ROMs and leaderboards is not simple and we'll have to do it one table at a time.

Do you want to run a poll on the fans site to get people to vote for the top 8 tables for us to add a tournament difficulty setting for? Once we get this in, we'll have a tournament featuring those 8 tables.

I'm planning on us adding the difficulty settings / leaderboards into the PC build at the same time we add PC tournaments."
We've had little teasers from Jeff saying it's "so soon (he) can taste it", so why haven't we heard more?

But yes, what's written above was the last official word. But I don't know why I even care what anyone says anymore :/

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So this is the latest (as far as I can tell), from 26th Feb:

We've had little teasers from Jeff saying it's "so soon (he) can taste it", so why haven't we heard more?

But yes, what's written above was the last official word. But I don't know why I even care what anyone says anymore :/

Haven't heard more because Jeff initiated the contact, not Bobby. That being said, people in the beta were informed a working build of DX11 is up and running, should go into beta testing next week.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
There's a line between criticism and abuse. Some of you have crossed it, and your posts have been deleted. Keep it civil, folks.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Come on. Now it's just some weeks.
It's worked on... Last year it was ignored on

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Come on. Now it's just some weeks.
It's worked on... Last year it was ignored on

I'm with you mpad. Dx11 will revitalize Pinball Arcade for some of us and I have said I will buy Season 3 when it is released just to show that working on the PC engine matters!
The PC is important to Pinball Arcade; it got potential that no phone has when it comes to representing the games as they where meant to be seen.

For me Mike and all those who work on the PC are very important people and I hope they got nice offices at Farsight studios :)

Sure the phone is great for passing time as you are stuck somewhere or traveling but the PC (and cab support that will come with it) is the only platform that will make the concept of recreation true.

subgenius

May 29, 2013
Thanks for the update. Keep at it make sure to run the regression tests. New lights with bugs is no fun.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Sweet FX Mod for turning the lights out effect is working just fine for me right now ... has definitely eased the painful wait for FS to finish up with DX 11. Nice part is being able to tweak the light bloom and darkness parameters on your own. If you have not tried Sweet FX, I strongly recommend it.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Sweet FX Mod for turning the lights out effect is working just fine for me right now ... has definitely eased the painful wait for FS to finish up with DX 11. Nice part is being able to tweak the light bloom and darkness parameters on your own. If you have not tried Sweet FX, I strongly recommend it.
I get noticeable lag when I play TPA with SweetFX. Which is why I need to see what DX11 looks like because I find the colours on the vanilla version to be too strong.

I just want the freakin' update :( Not sure how they came to say it would only be a few weeks after TAF... surely there couldn't have been that many projects picked up since then that it became so difficult to estimate how much longer it would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts