timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Do you know that the Ace High lies in your folder since the release of TPA on Steam? :)
Did you know that Ace High has been in that folder since December 2012? The standalone TZ beta from the kickstarter had it, long before TPA was even released on PC. :)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I thought everything was supposed to be so basic to convert between platforms :(

Surely if it was known that 55 tables would have to be tested and checked, the estimated 3 week window would've been discounted? What changed between then and now?

It's been a bit more work than originally expected. I wasn't happy with the quality, so I've been spending time fixing that. I think the extra wait is worth it. I've fixed over 60 bugs so far, many of those I imagine were on PS4 and Xbox One.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Mike would have to answer that one (and the release date questions), but I can say that it'll be better than the PS4 and Xbone versions.
you must be kidding !!!!!! :cool:better than XBOX 1 and PS4, YABLOODYHOO !!! WE`RE IN FOR A FANTASTIC RIDE !!! thanks jeff !!! :cool:

p6800

May 17, 2013
It's been a bit more work than originally expected. I wasn't happy with the quality, so I've been spending time fixing that. I think the extra wait is worth it. I've fixed over 60 bugs so far, many of those I imagine were on PS4 and Xbox One.

Why not make it public close to the end? Here we will find lots of "bugs" that slipped through.

You worked for some time on this and you have a picture of where things are. We're looking at how much longer? 2 weeks? one month? This summer?
:cool:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
simply the general user is nuts and si variable its better to close it, i wont post much more myself as the community vibe is very strange, those that have beta paid and/or deserve it, the wildy different exlecations of a regular user isnt good for beta...by the sounds anyine can ***** by may.....i never thought much of ps4 screenshots but i was imlressed in action so if pc is better worth the wait...disclaimer i dbout my igp intel 5100 will run it

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Why not make it public close to the end? Here we will find lots of "bugs" that slipped through.

You worked for some time on this and you have a picture of where things are. We're looking at how much longer? 2 weeks? one month? This summer?
:cool:

Considering an open beta before release. Timeframe is another week or two.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Great news :). Can anyone please tell me how to verify my pc will handle the new effects? Thank you

p6800

May 17, 2013
Tell us what your cpu and gpu and we go from there.

11 days till jackbot. It's ok if it doesn't make it with it, but i hope it's not long after. Make the beta public asap, as more free testers on the ball can only improve things.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Tell us what your cpu and gpu and we go from there.

11 days till jackbot. It's ok if it doesn't make it with it, but i hope it's not long after. Make the beta public asap, as more free testers on the ball can only improve things.

Thanks. I will look as soon as my girl is done gaming.

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
I'm glad Mike considers releasing an open beta.

There's one more good reason to make it available for everyone. The DirectX 11 option in the menu is visible to everyone since really long time. I presume not everyone playing TPA is a member or a visitor to this forum. They might be casual gamers who see an option that is NOT WORKING which looks like TPA was broken. It's like a showstopper bug and looks worse than a couple of graphical glitches or lags. They don't even know it's for a beta version. Introducing an open beta with a screen that says DX11 is still beta and under construction is a way better option speaking in terms of quality.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'm glad Mike considers releasing an open beta.

There's one more good reason to make it available for everyone. The DirectX 11 option in the menu is visible to everyone since really long time. I presume not everyone playing TPA is a member or a visitor to this forum. They might be casual gamers who see an option that is NOT WORKING which looks like TPA was broken. It's like a showstopper bug and looks worse than a couple of graphical glitches or lags. They don't even know it's for a beta version. Introducing an open beta with a screen that says DX11 is still beta and under construction is a way better option speaking in terms of quality.

It's only been a few weeks, but I still agree that it's probably pretty confusing for the casual user that the option is there but doesn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts