timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Very nice! Great idea.
Ist there some sort of bug reporting integrated in steam, or just a dedicated forum?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Not to get too sidetracked but Steam Tracker might be better to see the actual total people playing the game: http://steamcharts.com/

Basically have < 100 people playing a day. You can see the jumps in players on table release days. And it will be pretty interesting to see the jump after DX11 is released.

But the chart also indicates the PC user base is pretty small. Which could explain one of the reasons this wasn't priority over the PS4/XB1 releases.

I have to wonder why FarSight isn't talking (or boasting) of their overall sales figures more often.

Think about it-we have the billboard charts that track music sales and radio airplay. We have Nielsen ratings for television shows. We even have box-office figures on most "news" websites. Yet the only game sales figures we really hear about involve AAA-grade releases-and even those seem to be a little "psst-we sold X copies or downloads of games".

You would think that in the "information" age, we would hear more about game sales in general.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I am ready for an open beta. The faster I can get my hands on season 3 & 4 Pro the better for you guys getting another $80 dollars from me. :)

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I think an open beta would have the (intended) side-effect of people playing tables they might not own for a couple weeks, then getting them "turned back off" when the beta ends and ending up buying something they "fell in love with" either for lighting or other reasons.

The problem I see is that the amount of overhead it would take to implement a large-scale test, the roll back to production release probably equals or outweighs adding a nice selection to the existing pool.

Either way, me wants, me wants now, me wants bad! :)

Thanks Mike for chiming in!

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I think an open beta would have the (intended) side-effect of people playing tables they might not own for a couple weeks, then getting them "turned back off" when the beta ends and ending up buying something they "fell in love with" either for lighting or other reasons.

The problem I see is that the amount of overhead it would take to implement a large-scale test, the roll back to production release probably equals or outweighs adding a nice selection to the existing pool.

Either way, me wants, me wants now, me wants bad! :)

Thanks Mike for chiming in!

Nah ... I'm sure by "open beta" Mike means dx11 gets turned on (the exe is patched in) ... not open all tables. In otherwords, it would run on the tables you own.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
It was sort of a hint for an idea ;)

I've played many a game that clearly used the "open beta" to get you all stoked and give you a few golden sprinkles before they "wiped for full release" and lured you in.... it's as effective as any game marketing strategy I've seen.

Option 2: Get Elvira to do some heavy promo work and hold up a copy of TPA every chance she gets.

Anywho, back to lurking mode, DX11 has me hoping a lot of good things!

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
I agree. I played many open beta versions.

I'm sure once the open beta is available a lot of people here can find even more bugs and to help making the final release even better for casual gamers that will come to TPA after the May newsletter is sent. The sooner the better.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Currently we're on 4th Friday, but before that we were on 3rd Friday for a bit.

Since the Feb 20th release was TAF, and FS were seriously busy doing KS codes for a bit as well as supporting the FS release (and working on the "surprise" Scared Stiff standalone release!) there was a 5-week gap from TAF to Cyclone on Mar 27th.

However I think we'll now be back to a 4-week gap for a bit, with tables on the 4th Friday each month.

Of course all the DX11 development and beta testing may cause another 1-week slippage, so May 1st might happen.

That's assuming DX11 comes out at the same time as the next table. It may be a separate update. Since it's Steam-only, FS don't need to submit for approval so can pretty much launch the update any time they like.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We slipped releases back a week due to TAF taking longer than expected.

If I do an open beta, it would be more like. DX11 is out, try it out, report bugs. But you would still have all your normal unlocks.

p6800

May 17, 2013
We slipped releases back a week due to TAF taking longer than expected.

If I do an open beta, it would be more like. DX11 is out, try it out, report bugs. But you would still have all your normal unlocks.

As TAF was IT, i'm sure no one cares if jackbot is a week later....

Make dx11 public beta asap, wait to see if people find major issues, go "gold" with it whenever after that, without waiting to release it with a table or something like that. We see dx11 as a whole new game in itself. Free testers makes the most sense.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Open Beta makes sense.The more people exposed to it the more bugs will be identified and fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts