timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Pinballwiz45b is a one man army

I can't really take full credit. People who are in the beta, such as [MENTION=5142]Nate[/MENTION], [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION], [MENTION=150]lettuce[/MENTION], and [MENTION=3]Jeff Strong[/MENTION] help out a whole bunch as well.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
We slipped releases back a week due to TAF taking longer than expected.

If I do an open beta, it would be more like. DX11 is out, try it out, report bugs. But you would still have all your normal unlocks.

I have a three machines, Radeon HD 6850, 6950 and 7950 I'd love to throw the DX11 beta at if you'd let me. :)

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
Pinballwiz45b is a one man army

I will +1 that, for those that aren't part of the private beta forum its IMPOSSIBLE for you to even imagine how quickly and meticulously this guy works, it seems that by the time i even manage to finish downloading the current beta this guy has already compiled an accurate and detailed list of the bugs that are occurring in the new table as well as the rest of the build, I haven't spoke to him in a couple weeks as I've been busy moving but i've been meaning to ask him if he has a photographic memory because honestly thats the only way i think he can do what he does...

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
Exactly! The more people in beta the better.

Different hardware and software configurations. Different drivers, settings and prefered tables.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
wouldn't mind doing a bit of beta testing either...
Win8.1 x64, GTX670, i5 3570k @4x4ghz, 16g ram

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Is there a glitch in the current PA on Steam because its showing DX11 as an option when I click play?

This has got to causing some confusion as if you choose it you of course get "executable missing".

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there a glitch in the current PA on Steam?

If I select Play, DX11 is in the list but if you select it the executable is of course missing. This has got to causing some confusion.
The option has to be there for the beta testers. It's a Steam idiosyncracy. You can't make options like that invisible to some users and visible to others.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Silly Steam, that would seem a pretty obvious thing that the menu should be configurable based on the users beta status.

Still, why not include a dummy executable that brings up an alert box saying "beta users only" or "coming soon"?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
For you guys testing the DX11 build how does it look in portrait mode in dark mode? Although you might not be able to say here, it might be worth checking out the way the ball looks in dark mode with a top down view. I am just thinking about the ball reflection, etc

If you don't have any beta testers with a cab I will volunteer :).

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
For you guys testing the DX11 build how does it look in portrait mode in dark mode? Although you might not be able to say here, it might be worth checking out the way the ball looks in dark mode with a top down view. I am just thinking about the ball reflection, etc

If you don't have any beta testers with a cab I will volunteer :).

+1 on that...My cab is at your disposal!

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Wow! That is quite the bomb to drop so close to release. I imagine that kills it for many of us until portrait is working. Any estimate or timeframe on that??

What was the release date you were given?
I don't recall any.

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I plan to look at portrait in the next few days.

Mike ... we really appreciate it. I think most of us here in this thread would agree that once you go portrait .... you never go back. Those of us who have gone portait have dropped some cash into our setups and the dx11 update will be a true game changer and a much anticipated upgrade to our homemade simulated pinball machine setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts