timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I had the feeling my english was a bit off there :p

still: soooo exited for this. finally had time to test noexe's cam mod which is freakin awesome. if all is out I'm so gonna play the hell out of this game (again).

Your english is fine! Probably better than mine :p It rhymed so I was just goofing around. I seriously am excited as well!

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I plan to look at portrait in the next few days.

Thanks! Didn't mean to sound unappreciative. I was just assuming that portrait was being supported and would be available at release. i took from your comment that it won't be. I hope that's not true. Will portrait be in this release or added later?

I do appreciate all the work being put toward this and am anxiously awaiting the improved lighting for my mini-cab setup. Thanks again!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Maybe a new pinball is in order:

Legs11

legseleven.gif

Oh baby! :cool:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Thanks! Didn't mean to sound unappreciative. I was just assuming that portrait was being supported and would be available at release. i took from your comment that it won't be. I hope that's not true. Will portrait be in this release or added later?

I do appreciate all the work being put toward this and am anxiously awaiting the improved lighting for my mini-cab setup. Thanks again!

In my previous post I did say it wasn't in "Yet". I have it mostly working today. Just an issue with the camera I need the engine guy to take a look at.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
In my previous post I did say it wasn't in "Yet". I have it mostly working today. Just an issue with the camera I need the engine guy to take a look at.

Sorry I misunderstood. I was just assuming that if it wasnt in yet and not in the beta then it would have to be added later perhaps delaying that portion beyond the initial release. Great news that it is almost done and will be available in this release!

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Mike just want to say A BIG THANKS for all the work you and your mates have been putting in !!!!! :cool:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
wonder if some of the sound will be improved with the dx 11 update or will that stay the same

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
If it was up to me I would

- release the public beta version asap so people can report problems with less predictable hardware/software config before the final release
- release the final version with the new table so it can be announced it in the newsletter as a feature update

as for the portrait mode bring it with a patch whenever possible

btw.

I see it hit 50 pages. It only proves this feature is really important.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
If it was up to me I would

- release the public beta version asap so people can report problems with less predictable hardware/software config before the final release
- release the final version with the new table so it can be announced it in the newsletter as a feature update

btw.

I see it hit 50 pages. It only proves this feature is really important.
New table is next week (betas are already out on some platforms, the lead time is always a week for non-TAF tables). I can see a public beta launch then and a full release with the subsequent table. That's a far more realistic timetable.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
New table is next week (betas are already out on some platforms, the lead time is always a week for non-TAF tables). I can see a public beta launch then and a full release with the subsequent table. That's a far more realistic timetable.

There is still a long list to knock out. But you never know. Mike is working his butt off.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Do I understand correctly, that in the dx11 beta also old and persistent non dx11 related bugs get addressed?
Or am I too "seeing dead people" here?

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014

hold on now ... you mean to tell me that there is a "landscape" view mode on the PC version? No way ... I didn't even realize that! Wow. I'll have to give that a try sometime.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Just wondering:
is the DX11 executable running the same table files as DX9 or are these tables with their own ressources?
Basically: (Apart from the obvious API related stuff) will they share the same bugs or will you have to fix bugs twice then, once for the DX9 and once for the DX11 table?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just wondering:
is the DX11 executable running the same table files as DX9 or are these tables with their own ressources?
Basically: (Apart from the obvious API related stuff) will they share the same bugs or will you have to fix bugs twice then, once for the DX9 and once for the DX11 table?

Separate resources. It was needed cause with dynamic lighting the textures have to be different, as well as some other technical reasons.

They however run the same code and the same object setup for the table. So art bugs would have to be fixed twice (depending), but gameplay bugs are mostly just one fix.

The downside to separate resources is a larger download size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts