Tommy Pinball ( Like you have never seen it before )

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
I SOLVED IT!!! !!! !!! !!! :cool::D:cool::D:cool::D

I installed "Auslogics BoostSpeed 9" and run some of the programs there. I had Poor condition on my computer it said. I run some diagnostics and BOOM. Really good fps now. I wont say i have 100 fps 100% of the time. But I only got lag once and maybe that is from me downloading.

I hope this makes you really happy to hear!!!

YAY!!!!

That is awesome to hear. I will still add the options for AA and reflection probes, in case it helps others with lower spec cards or cpu's in future. I think its good to have options to try when things dont wanna run smooth.

Im gonna do one more table recreation before building an original .. next on the cards is Jurassic Park!!

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I dont know what experience you have with Unity development, coding or 3D asset creation so by your question itself I presume not much? If that is the case and you plan on actually making something good from start to finish, then you have to start by learning everything needed i guess. Unity has excellent learning material and many 3rd party videos are available on youtube. The same thing for 3D modeling if you want to use Blender which is a free program.

Doing a game from beginning to end takes much more work in reality, the idea of making a game is easy , actually making a game is challenging .. so you start by taking the first step. It's a known fact most aspiring developers dont ever finish a project, I mention this not to discourage you but rather to present the truth to you upfront so you can gauge the road ahead with a correct mindset.

chat soon

Oh sure, no doubt. I realize it's way more work than anyone thinks it is. I was just curious about what was involved specifically with adapting a real table. I doubt I'll ever actually make anything :) but i'm still interested in the process.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
This is hands down the best digital pinball experience I had so far. Runs great on my newly installed budget GeForce 750ti.

A big standing ovation from me!

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
This is hands down the best digital pinball experience I had so far. Runs great on my newly installed budget GeForce 750ti.

A big standing ovation from me!

Thank you for you kind words ;)

I am actually busy doing some tweaks again .. I already added in a menu option to have choose regular balls without decals. and I'm getting the EOS and low voltage coil control right on the flippers so it is now possible to do all manner of ball control tricks. While tackling this issue I reviewed the original table and also realized my flippers are too long! So im in the process of making them shorter , the table will be a bit more difficult with the shorter flippers but it would be a better recreation.

( once im happy with these tweaks I will also republish the elvis table with the revamped physics I completed here )

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
HI Gents and ladies?

I have been really busy with work but I managed to squeeze in some time now to quickly do a new build.

So the flipper action now supports doing low voltage tricks , the flippers are also a bit shorter although now Im not sure if they are a tad too short again. I wish I could find the exact length and radius of these real world items and stop guessing from videos and photographs that all have lens distortion and perspective at play.

Oh and I also added in a toggle to remove the ball decals and just have regular balls as requested by one or two users

same link :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GQag5iS_vzWHZDazNFZVNIOTg/view?usp=sharing

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Very nice!

On my low spec machine, Tommy works way much better than Elvis (no ball hiccups, better framerate). But my system fan is angry... :p

Can't wait the new version of Elvis, if it runs as smooth as Tommy. :)

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
Thanks [MENTION=2327]Tann[/MENTION]

I optimized Tommy way better than Elvis, Mostly on draw calls which makes a difference on low spec machines as drawcalls are CPU bound. Tommy has less than half of what Elvis has. Tommy even has more polygons, I think its close to a million per frame!

I should make those same optimizations to Elvis :eek:

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I believe Data East flippers had the same size as standard sized wms/bally flippers of the same time:
7,75mm base radius (~10,5mm with rubber) and 2,9mm tip radius (~5,9mm with rubber) - 74mm long tip to tip (~80mm with rubber).

Last edited:

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
I believe Data East flippers had the same size as standard sized wms/bally flippers of the same time:
7,75mm base radius (~10,5mm with rubber) and 2,9mm tip radius (~5,9mm with rubber) - 74mm long tip to tip (~80mm with rubber).

WOw thanks [MENTION=3222]lio[/MENTION]

Where did you find that information..? I will give the number a run and see how far off I was thanks

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Back in the day when I created all the 3D models for Future Pinball I ordered a lot of pinball parts and meassured them to create pretty accurate models of all sorts of pegs, bumpers, flippers, etc.
The parts are still back at my parent's place so I don't have access to these at the moment but I still have the 3D models so I checked the flipper model I did back then.

jda824

Jun 13, 2013
Hey everyone

Thanks for the kind words ;)

Here is an installer for the game :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GQag5iS_vzWHZDazNFZVNIOTg/view?usp=sharing

I added in more sound effects, upgraded the pop bumpers model and textures , fixed a collider and made adjustments to some switches .. a whole bunch of small tweaks, Oh and also I coded the extra ball button to be functional. ( for those who might not know if you hold this button while pressing the start button you can play the entire game with the blinders up )

Let me know if you encounter any serious flaws

thanks

Wow this is amazing! You made this yourself?! You are so talented, just too cool! What program do I need to run it, after installing it? Thank you in advance and can't wait to try it!

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
Hey [MENTION=3222]lio[/MENTION]

I did try adjusting the flipper size a bit when we last spoke , I was more or less in that range with mine. The problem would be I doubt everything else is 100% accurate so I rather decided to leave it as is.

I cant remember if I mentioned it here but I did alter the code for the flippers to permit doing flipper tricks.

I wanted to build Jurassic Park but can not find decent enough playfield scan or plastics :(

I do want to build an original table sometime again as well .. I had egypt theme in mind.

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
[MENTION=342]Tabe[/MENTION] yes this is a standalone but does share one thing in common with VP in that it is using the actual ROM via VPinMame. The Game was developed in Unity Engine. I built an installer to handle doing everything for you in regards to the ROM requirement. The Game only caters to high end PC users. That's it in a nut shell :)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I've got a solid gaming system - can run the most-recent Doom in 1080p at 60fps with no issue - so hopefully can run your table. Will take a look. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.