Top 5 wish list

karl

May 10, 2012
I am in a Stern mode today so I'll go with these 5 (will probably change to something completely different tomorrow so pay no attention)

1. Tron
2. AC/DC
3. TSPP
4. Metallica
5. LOTR

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
(Not including the addams family since chances are we will get that if it possible anyway)
Simpsons Party Pinball
Family Guy
South Park
Nightmare on Elm street
Guns & Roses

Wizard of Oz would be awesome but I doubt that will ever get on the pinball ball arcade because of it's video screen being so complex and unique. so far it's the only pinball display of it's kind. also it just came out this year. Haven't actually got a chance to play WOZ but I drool over the video's on youtube of it hoping to one day run into a machine somewhere.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Wizard of Oz would be awesome but I doubt that will ever get on the pinball ball arcade because of it's video screen being so complex and unique.
is not it standard lcd display which show video footage? games can render in-game video as "picture in picture".

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
is not it standard lcd display which show video footage? games can render in-game video as "picture in picture".

yeah i think it is just a small hdtv as the display on Wizard of Oz, haven't actually seen it in person though. But it is definitely unique for being on a pinball table. I'm thinking just because it is the only table to have that kind of display extra work would have to be done to make it run in Pinball Arcade and that extra work would only benefit the one table. Also the display is going to need to either be scaled down to a lower resolution than it really is with some type of filter to make the images smooth or be reprogrammed to be a lower resolution (you can't show the full 1080p display on top of the whole screen and play pinball at the same time). Also it's going to need lots of processing power to play, because it will need to be playing a 1080p video display while processing the table itself.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
yeah i think it is just a small hdtv as the display on Wizard of Oz, haven't actually seen it in person though. But it is definitely unique for being on a pinball table. I'm thinking just because it is the only table to have that kind of display extra work would have to be done to make it run in Pinball Arcade and that extra work would only benefit the one table. Also the display is going to need to either be scaled down to a lower resolution than it really is with some type of filter to make the images smooth or be reprogrammed to be a lower resolution (you can't show the full 1080p display on top of the whole screen and play pinball at the same time). Also it's going to need lots of processing power to play, because it will need to be playing a 1080p video display while processing the table itself.

you can see examples of how video scaling works if launch any video clip in 1080 in WMplayer, for example, and scaledown it's window to lower resolution, and without closin it launch some game and see how it will work together: i just opened movie with FP's Genie (it has very high res textures) and both things worked smooth simultaneously - it is not a problem for now day PC to maintain even several 3d game clients at once (many mmo gamers use this feature)

Last edited:

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
What I can think of in this right moment....
1 - Fishtales
2 - Roadshow
3 - the Shadow
4 - Tales from the Crypt
5 - Congo or Doctor Who or Tommy or No Fear or WCS94 or ....

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
1. no fear
2. tales from the crypt
3. Indiana jones : pin adaventure
4. paragon
5. guns n roses

im glad, rollergames and flash and world cup got mentioned. those are great games.

karl

May 10, 2012
This tread is a nice place to just pour out your day to day feelings about what games excite you right now, today (ok, maybe I got it wrong but I could not help it)

01. Tron
02. Tron
03. Tron
04. Tron
05 The Hobbit

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
This tread is a nice place to just pour out your day to day feelings about what games excite you right now, today (ok, maybe I got it wrong but I could not help it)

01. Tron
02. Tron
03. Tron
04. Tron
05 The Hobbit

Dammit you beat me to it. I was going to say:

High speed 2
EBD
High speed 2
EBD
The getaway

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

01. Tron
02. Tron
03. Tron
04. Tron
05 The Hobbit

Hey Karl, did you see the thread about the new fluorescent, blacklight reactive pinball rubbers over on pinside? Imagine those on a Tron LE in a dark room..
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-saturntm-urethane-pinball-rings-next-gen-of-rubber-rings-here-now

Note: I'm so glad they have a Tron LE for the public to play at the game museum in Rochester NY, its truly a treat that they've allowed me to have a frame of reference about a game that only 400 were made.

Back on topic, my current top 5 wish-list is:

1- Indiana Jones Pin Adv
2- TSPP
3- Spider-Man (I know - not gonna happen)
4- Tron [LE] (Maybe someday?)
5- TAF

Honorable mention: Diner

Note: LOTR is only left off because I definitely plan on buying one in the next year so I don't feel like I would need it in TPA anymore.. selfish I know, but its my top 5! :D

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks for the link ER777. I try to check pinside at least once a day but I still seem to miss all the good stuff :D

Those rubbers could very well turn out to be extra ordinary rubbers and the best protection for any excited (pinball) owner and his toy (did I just say that? :eek: grow up, man).

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Lol, don't mention it. I'm just dying to see a video of those fluorescent rubbers in action on a Tron LE. Someone must do that!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts