Request Tournament mode for each table

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I realise it's an old (OLD) thread, but coming from PAPA 16 (I'm still watching the stream as we speak) I'd love to see a tournament mode option. Note: Not (as some seem to have it confused with in this thread) a tournament mode in an actual tournament, but having tournament mode difficulty settings accessible at the flick of a switch where possible (maybe a separate leaderboard as well, but I wouldn't be doing it to compare scores to others, just myself). I wouldn't think it'd be that hard, as I assume tournament mode is something that can be selected from the coin door menu (at least for DMD games, not sure how it works on earlier ones). Only thing that would require a change on the emulation side of things would be the angle value of the table itself so it plays a little faster with ramp shots being harder to hit.

I can see discussion of the feature's long finished, but given that I'm now looking at entering tournaments, any feel I can get for more restrictive and challenging rules would be a godsend... especially ones that are used in real-life competition. And honestly, if TPA is about acting as a museum for pinball, it should capture the entirety of what each table can offer as an experience, not just one facet of it.

Exo

Nov 10, 2013
Tournament difficulty definitely needs to happen.
Playtime can go absurdly high on some tables due to all the extra balls which just ends up being annoying in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.