Tournament play

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Please tell me you they wont allow a PRO version of the table to be used in the tournaments. That is complete cheating. Does anyone know if they allow the PRO tables? Thanks all....

Ccavsman

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Sure... When you but tables you can buy a PRO version of that table.... This allows for the option of 'Ball Control'. You control your ball with an onscreen joystick, which makes draining it impossible. You can rack up as many points as you have time for. So my question is if you own the PRO version will you get to play your PRO verion in the tourney, and be able to use ball control... Quite frankly... Unfairly? And can you post on the AllTime boards using this method too?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sure... When you but tables you can buy a PRO version of that table.... This allows for the option of 'Ball Control'. You control your ball with an onscreen joystick, which makes draining it impossible. You can rack up as many points as you have time for. So my question is if you own the PRO version will you get to play your PRO verion in the tourney, and be able to use ball control... Quite frankly... Unfairly? And can you post on the AllTime boards using this method too?

No. You can't use your pro purchase during a tourney. The menu system is different in tournaments. Some buttons are missing.

Online Leaderboards are also disabled when pro mode features are set.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
on a side note, it is possible to achieve 1000 HoF score using ball control as long as u don't turn on operator mode...

Yes. I bought Pro STTNG and was able to recieve HOF points for exactly as you propose. It didn't feel right to me. Luckily I was able to post a legitimate score that was higher.

N

netizen

on a side note, it is possible to achieve 1000 HoF score using ball control as long as u don't turn on operator mode...

You still score HOF points with the operators menu turned on. The operators menu just locks you out of the Leader Board for a per table high score.

K

Korven

Hmm, after reading this thread I just played ST:TNG with ball control on, no 1000 HoF-points for me.

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
I noticed also that you won't achieve goals with 'ball control' on, regardless of operator menu status. Are goals the same as HOF points?

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
well I don't own any pro tables I was just messing with MM to see what rate the hurryups increase score wise, figuring there's no way it would matter, but unfortunately the 890 mil score I got did count on my local board and gave me 1000 HoF points. I was almost as upset by that as I was by my tourney MM score of 560 mil not counting for ****...

N

netizen

A bit off topic, but if you disable tilt, can you still complete goa,s or post high scores? I've never tried.

You can't disable tilt until you have completed all the goals.

Once you disable tilt you cannot post scores to the leader boards; I am not sure if the HOF points will be collected, but I assume they would be.

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
I was testing the boundries of the pro menu also. It wouldnt let me post anything or achieve any goal with 'ball control' ON. This with the operator menu off also. How'd you post again, what menu settings do you use? Asking DJ.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
hmm interesting, the only thing I did was turn on the ball control. I moved it to the peasant ramp switch and just repeatedly triggered it checking the increase in hurry up value every so often. got it around 400mil and scored it...figured I'd see what happens when u win BftK so I did that, and then triggered barnyard cuz that **** cracks me up. I didn't figure on it counting for anything. It didn't tick the goal for BftK but made me input initials and gave me 1000 HoF

photo1_zps7d44cc16.png

photo2_zps18ca0c52.png

photo3_zps3e722156.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts