TPA crashing

MilanoTom

Apr 20, 2013
My TPA has just started crashing. As soon as I release the plunger or try to launch a ball, the iPad screen goes black and I get dropped back to the iPad menu screen. I deleted music to free up memory and powered down & restarted, but nothing worked. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Please specify iOS version and iPad type. Common solutions for a lot of problems: logging out and in again, delete and reinstall TPA (after backing up with remote backup). You already tried a hard reset of the iPad. Is it a specific table that produces this behaviour or does it affect several/all?

MilanoTom

Apr 20, 2013
Standard iPad, about three years old. Software version 9.0, but it was also doing it before the update. All tables, although a few weeks ago it started crashing whenever I tried to open Taxi. The rest of the tables will open, but TPA crashes. Soon as I release the plunger or press the launch ball button. I've already done a remote save, in case I need to delete and reinstall.

Thanks,
Tom

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. You might have to delete the app and reinstall if slam's advice didn't help. If possible do a local and remote backup first.
Or you can wait for the next update and see if that clears it up for you.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
In my case, I am certain that the problem is caused by Game Center. Ever since my last update (8.4.1), TPA rarely connects with Game Center when I first start the app. I have to completely close out of TPA and restart the game before it will properly connect with GC.

Yesterday, I started having the problem with the app freezing while plunging and kicking me out to the desktop. I went back in and tried it without it connecting to GC and it played fine, although my goals and HOF points were cleared out. Then I closed out and played again after connecting with GC and the tables freeze again. I repeated this a few times in the hopes that it would straighten itself out, but no luck.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
In my case, I am certain that the problem is caused by Game Center. Ever since my last update (8.4.1), TPA rarely connects with Game Center when I first start the app. I have to completely close out of TPA and restart the game before it will properly connect with GC.

Yesterday, I started having the problem with the app freezing while plunging and kicking me out to the desktop. I went back in and tried it without it connecting to GC and it played fine, although my goals and HOF points were cleared out. Then I closed out and played again after connecting with GC and the tables freeze again. I repeated this a few times in the hopes that it would straighten itself out, but no luck.

I had loads of issues with GC until updating to 9.1. Currently running latest IOS and all is well. Lots of advice in other IOS threads in the forum too. Good luck

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I had loads of issues with GC until updating to 9.1. Currently running latest IOS and all is well. Lots of advice in other IOS threads in the forum too. Good luck

I've been afraid to update as I have had a few performance issues since updating to 8.4.1 that I attributed to my iPad 2 not being up to the task. I see that you are on the same device, so maybe the new OS may help and not overwhelm my iPad?

I had the same issue with TPA occur back when I was on os7.x. I couldn't narrow it down to Game Center until now since Game Center and TPA communicated well then.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I've been afraid to update as I have had a few performance issues since updating to 8.4.1 that I attributed to my iPad 2 not being up to the task. I see that you are on the same device, so maybe the new OS may help and not overwhelm my iPad?

I had the same issue with TPA occur back when I was on os7.x. I couldn't narrow it down to Game Center until now since Game Center and TPA communicated well then.

Had exactly the same issues. Prior to 9.1 GC was non existent plus back ups failed all the time. Apps were slow, failed to open, quit unexpectedly, all sorts of problems. So bad was it that I almost went to buy a new one. After 9.1; what a difference. Like a new IPad.

Once you update you can't go back, I know. Consider carefully but if it were me, I'd update today.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Had exactly the same issues. Prior to 9.1 GC was non existent plus back ups failed all the time. Apps were slow, failed to open, quit unexpectedly, all sorts of problems. So bad was it that I almost went to buy a new one. After 9.1; what a difference. Like a new IPad.

Once you update you can't go back, I know. Consider carefully but if it were me, I'd update today.

Thanks Chris. I think I will. Fingers crossed!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts