TPA Fan's Most Wanted for 2016: Williams

What 5 Williams pins do you want next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

invitro

May 4, 2012
I agree that the real machine is horrible. Still I'm interested to see how Farsight would emulate this one. Not one of those standard tables...
Well, if Farsight was going to try to emulate a Pinball 2000 table, I hope we would all agree it should be Revenge From Mars*. I liked that OK when I played it (I played it a lot at the Pinburghs), but not as much as other people... I think many people really like RFM.

I'm just wildly guessing, but I think emulating the projected animations (I can't remember if they are holograms?) of Pinball 2000 shouldn't be too much harder than emulating the animations/videos/etc of some newer Stern machines, like the video on Wrestlemania. Well, maybe it would be much harder, as they'd have to emulate the whole Pinball 2000 operating system, and get the animations out of it, while they already have Spike done (or will when they finish Ghostbusters), and the video for the "LE’s replica “Titantron” playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring" could probably easily be found and mapped to the right place on the TPA playfield. Except that the Pinball 2000 animations have to be transparent, and doing that might be hard... never mind.

*Except I would prefer Wizard Blocks or Playboy, if possible. :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
They're not holograms... it's a projection of a reflection onto a glass screen from a CRT monitor built into the cab. We are talking 1999 tech here, remember.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I agree that the real machine is horrible. Still I'm interested to see how Farsight would emulate this one. Not one of those standard tables...

FarSight could do the peppers ghost effects the same way that Zen inserts the ghosts in Sorcerers Lair. The problem I could forsee in it happening would be some sort of detection system for the inserted objected being hit and how that would trigger the appropriate ROM calls etc.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Here's how the playfield actually looks:

image-3.jpg

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
Didn't vote, but I *would* vote for Indiana if it was in the list. Remember it's the last top 10 table (from ipdb) which is not in TPA !!

Black_Spade

Feb 12, 2016
If they go for am EM with Williams, I think Aztec is the best choice. F
or SS, I would pick Swords Of Fury, Banzai Run and Sorcerer. I have never played the DMD's, so I would go with Congo or Jhonny Mnemonic

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I picked the DMD's: JMn, DM, Congo, Flints, but not Dirty Harry, and Millionaire instead just because. Any Williams from Space Shuttle (maybe from Flash) through Monster Bash is classic and I would vote for. I suppose Indiana Jones was considered a no-prospect table, otherwise I and many others would've voted for it :). Cheers for not including the horrific Pinball 2000 table, which I won't name.

If IJ had been included in the poll, it would probably run away with first place in this poll. But because it's now property of Globalist Disney (I'll just call them GD for now, how appropriate?) I've resigned myself to thinking it'll never be done for TPA.

Then again, who expected AC/DC for STPA to be fully funded in just days?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Congo
Demolition Man
Johnny Mnemonic
Fire!
Flintstones

Honorable mentions: Dirty Harry, Rollergames, Banzai Run

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Didn't vote, but I *would* vote for Indiana if it was in the list. Remember it's the last top 10 table (from ipdb) which is not in TPA !!

+1 I own the real table, played it to death in my college days. Superb atmosphere, music, gameplay, modes, fun toy with PoA. Slightly buggy ROM.
This would be the mother of all Kickstarter tables, especially if LOTR is picked up in SPA eventually (but they may have to fork over another wad of dough to get that license again....)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Like to add an alternative to my tables picked, know it's not a popular table but I'll add Road Kings to my picks.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
My top 5 pick:

Fire!
Big Guns
Johnny Mnemonic
Rollergames
Congo

Next 5 picks:
Banzai Run
Bad Cats
The Flinstones
Comet
Demolition Man

Zac Wood

Oct 15, 2015
Suprise Trivia

By the time this poll is over I will be 17. In short; this poll ends on my Birthday. 🎂

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.