TPA on ipad air

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
OK, coming from iPad2 and used to the non-retina graphics, every table on the Air looks SUPERB. I have to change my opinion about TPA graphics on iOS device now. One disappointment is the sound, no it's not TPA or FS, the Air itself -- it's muffled... I was expecting much better since it's now surpporsed to be stereo! Sound was much clear on an iPad2. Hope it'll get better if there's burn-in stuff.

I noticed this too, the sound is very bassy and slightly muffled. On T2 Arnies voice shakes the ipad!

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I tried TPA on my ipad2 with headphones in the past and was disappointed by the low quality of the emulated sound in general. Did not try on the Air, but speakers do sound muffled indeed.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Speakers generally turned to be very good: I drove them with max volume for various sounds and music. They can do low sound much better than iPad2 (seems like Air's casing is contributing for). Being stereo does make things much better as well. But on TPA it's yet muffled :(

TPA on ipad2 with headphones is was really disappoing, yes, I did it long time ago and never tried since then. Sound is one area I hope improved - try StarWars pin on Zen! (maybe too much compression to reduce the file size?)

jwil026

Nov 19, 2012
Bought new iPad air 32gb, After downloading TPA paid version which I use on two other iPads with no problems, season pack 1 is not recognized as purchased, tried also the restore method via table management menu, only restored season 2. Tried deleting app, rebooting iPad air and reinstalling, same results. Downloaded TPA free version, was able to restore ALL tables I owned from both seasons. On the other iPads, I have been using the paid version of TPA. FYI, I only have one iTunes account/id and one farsighted login id.

Frustrating, any one else have same issue?

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Sorry I don't have that problem... I did full restore from iPad2 but TPA wasn't restored properly so I downloaded all tables again and restored score from remote which worked on second trial..

TPA on iPad Air is very, very nice (especially you're from non-retina). You can feel the low end sound from the case itself ;-p I normally don't like scrolling camera but because the graphics is so crisp and I can finally read on what's on the field I now play it on just to appreciate the graphics!

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I had restore problems, told about it in other topic.

I then updated pinball arcade first. Then i tried to restore and it succeeded.

--

I AM BACK !

Missed this game but even then, you just forget fast how much fun pinball is.

Maybe thats why pinball stays niche, cause many people have no idea how fun it is.

All my local scores and gamecentre points are gone (not on gamecentre), but i dont care.

Game on!

Guitarpik

Nov 3, 2012
Hmm, starting to get some really annoying lag on the air. Anyone else experiencing this? It's almost worse than my ipad 1 was at times.

Guitarpik

Nov 3, 2012
I rebooted and started back up. Seemed ok until I got an iMessage. Once I switched back to TPA, I had a slight constant stutter/lag. I really don't understand it but I'm starting to consider returning this thing.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I tried TPA on my ipad2 with headphones in the past and was disappointed by the low quality of the emulated sound in general. Did not try on the Air, but speakers do sound muffled indeed.
The sound on TPA is not in stereo to begin with...AFAIK, it has always been mono so having stereo speakers on a device will not really help improve the sound quality at all. It will still be mono but fed to two speakers instead on one.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I rebooted and started back up. Seemed ok until I got an iMessage. Once I switched back to TPA, I had a slight constant stutter/lag. I really don't understand it but I'm starting to consider returning this thing.
This may be an issue with iOS 7 in general rather than the fault of the iPad Air. Yesterday I was in a Verizon Store paying my bill and they had the Air out on display where I was finally able to see iOS 7 in action on an iPad (and on the Air no less). Having all my iPads still on iOS 6.1.3, I was not very impressed with iOS 7 on the Air. Everything seemed less smooth and fluid, even just swiping between pages didn't seem as fluid as iOS 6. It almost seems as if iOS 7 has not really been optimized very well for the iPad (even the Air). I'm glad I chose to stay on iOS 6 for now. For me to purchase an Air at this point would almost be a downgrade since you have no choice but to use iOS 7. Apple should've waited another 6 months or so (for optimizations/bug fixes) before they made iOS 7 available for *any* iPad.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
There's been plenty of people complaining about laggy performance with iOS 7. It's usually iCloud. I've been running TPA on the Air since Friday and it's super smooth. But I turn everything off I can - no location services, notifications, iCloud disabled (“Documents and Data” at least), etc. I even go into accessibility and turn on 'Reduce Motion' to make the iPad menus speed up. Overall very happy with TPA except I lost all my HOF points :mad: but it's just made me go through the tables and beat them again.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Mine got laggy when notifictaion came in but after about 5 sec it returned to normal. Otherwise I haven't seen any slowness. I turn off Background App refresh, tho.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Just got mine today. Having an iPad 3, there was nothing compelling me to upgrade, but my daughter's school says the kiddies need tablets next year so it was a good excuse.

I prefer the glass on the old machine, but the reduced weight and smudging are well worth it. I had already upgraded to iOS 7, so not much difference otherwise, though Pinball Arcade does seem sexier somehow - more horsepower perhaps? In addition to the HUD being smaller the buttons for camera/pause and stuff like magna-save are teeny-tiny. Curious as to what's different about the Air to cause this if anyone at Farsight cares to share?

Very glad to have save/restore feature so all my scores are intact; more games should do that!

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Just got mine today. Having an iPad 3, there was nothing compelling me to upgrade, but my daughter's school says the kiddies need tablets next year so it was a good excuse.

I prefer the glass on the old machine, but the reduced weight and smudging are well worth it. I had already upgraded to iOS 7, so not much difference otherwise, though Pinball Arcade does seem sexier somehow - more horsepower perhaps? In addition to the HUD being smaller the buttons for camera/pause and stuff like magna-save are teeny-tiny. Curious as to what's different about the Air to cause this if anyone at Farsight cares to share?

Very glad to have save/restore feature so all my scores are intact; more games should do that!
The Air's hardware tag is "iPad4,1" and the code that sets the UI scale was only checking for strings that start with "iPad3" (all retina iPads prior to the Air start with an "iPad3" tag). In other words, the UI is incorrectly set to use the non-retina scale.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Just got mine... Geez, that is a fast little bugger :) not that the iPad 3 was too slow, but it is blazing fast. For the anniversary I compared it to iPad 1. You can easily staple 3 Air next to it to get to the same thickness ;)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Interesting, thanks Webster. I also note that disabling event camera and multivalve camera seems to have no effect on camera movement. I normally have these switched off and I'm seeing zooms, etc. that I wasn't seeing on my iPad 3 running this version, so I'm assuming it's something else unique to the iPad Air Experience!

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
The fix for the UI on iPad Air will most likely release with Table Pack 20. We already have a bug fix patch in submission and waiting for review that was submitted earlier this week. Sorry for the inconvenience!

So how's the iPad Air? The look awesome.

Same issue on the new iPad mini with retina display. Please fix the smaller menus and UI (DMD display size in game play) for the mini too. Thanks!

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Upgraded from iPad2 to the new AirPad. Haven’t had a chance to play much but it’s totally cool to be able to read most of the words on the advance lights for the ramps and loops. I’ve been denied the retina experience up to now and it’s a big difference.

I think TPA plays a bit differently than on the old iPad. I’m not seeing any stuttering, which was a regular feature on iPad2. So far, I’ve managed decent games of Medieval Madness and Monster Bash, but Big Shot and Fire Power seem more brutal now. (Lately, I’ve been able to reliably get Fire Power multi-ball going at least once every game or two, and on Big Shot I almost always get one extra ball; but no luck on the new iPad so far. About 5 games of each have resulted in 10 wretched performances. If things don’t improve I may have to take the crummy ipad back.)

Also, I know it’s a bug soon to be squashed, but I like having the intro screen text smashed up real tiny in the upper corner. It’s nice to see the whole table clearly during the flyover. I think a little logo off to the side and a clear screen would be a nice change of design.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I also feel a bit differently on the Air. I played better on the iPad2. I'm not sure if I'm yet adjusted to the Air.

The Air has managed to crash TPA several times so far. I suspect it's TPA but maybe iOS7 and the Air.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.