TPA on The new HTC One? Or general thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Rivera

Jun 18, 2013
I haven't bothered to clear tasks on the S4, but it's a brand new phone and there are very few other apps on it anyway.

The ball is simply more detailed on the iOS and console versions. Personally I prefer the less detailed look of the ball. I've always found the extra detailed ball a little distracting and it almost looks less round. Just a preference thing, really.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I haven't bothered to clear tasks on the S4, but it's a brand new phone and there are very few other apps on it anyway.

The ball is simply more detailed on the iOS and console versions. Personally I prefer the less detailed look of the ball. I've always found the extra detailed ball a little distracting and it almost looks less round. Just a preference thing, really.

Hmm....I find the ball on S4 looks like its a static image just floating around the playfield not rolling around it. I haven't really given the S4 much of a chance after seeing how jerky it was compared to my ipad 3. I'll go clear all tasks and reboot the phone then try again.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
S4 plays TPA great for me - no jerkyness at all. (UK spec).
I task kill on a regular basis as force of habit.
The ball doesn't look any different to my N7 to me, that's just the way the ball is on Android.
Don't really use the S4 for gaming but have TPA, Zen & others on it, just in case I'm stuck somewhere with nothing to do.

Really loving the speed on this phone.
Processor and the 5" HD screen are amazing, from my previous phone, and it's so light and slim. Camera is frickin awesome, especially some of the special modes.
Touchwiz is great too - I much prefer it to the standard vanilla 4.2.2 on my N7.
As a UK user on 3G, with all you can eat data, I did a speed test, and can pull 10MBsec, and that's not on the new 3 ultrafast network yet either which should double it. When tested last week, it was twice what my bosses iPhone4s did (he's on the same network). It's actually faster than my cr@ppy home Wifi which gives 9MBsec.

Keep finding little extra bits it can do... Other day I noticed a little hole in the top, turns out it's a infra red transmitter and I can control all my TVs DVRs DVD players via a universal remote app. :)
Loads of little things, like locking the screen orientation to your eyes, so if you use it lying down, the screen doesn't rotate if you roll on your side.
I keep discovering new things each day.
I'm keeping it stock and non-rooted so I can use Sky Anytime on it.

Only thing I'd critcise is battery. I'm getting just over 4 hours of screen on time & streaming from a full charge, but with a 5" screen you can't complain. Just gotta remember to charge whenever you get chance.
There is a battery saving mode I've not played with yet.
All in all - I'd highly recommend it as a smartphone.
But even at 5" it is still a little small for Pinball.

zaqyhare.jpg

Edit - Tapatalk is compressing photo quality from 2.5mb to 1.0mb, the actual screen res truly is stunning.
PM me an email address, and I'll send anyone who wants the proper screen grab.

6a9uvu7a.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts