TPA on the PS4 - First Impressions

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
This it how it has always been. They only care about those stupid under-powered tablets and phones.

FS supports better the devices on which they sell the most. Sounds logic.

Moreover, with Sony, there is a fee if you want to patch/update your game. Plus the mess when you want to patch DLC (we can be thankful that FS has worked hard on it, to provide us the megapatch, despite the Sony's reluctance).

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
FS supports better the devices on which they sell the most. Sounds logic.

Moreover, with Sony, there is a fee if you want to patch/update your game. Plus the mess when you want to patch DLC (we can be thankful that FS has worked hard on it, to provide us the megapatch, despite the Sony's reluctance).

This is a ps4 thread dude, no megapatch for us. Go post on ps3 thread and stop blaming issues on Sony, Farsight have to step up to the plate too!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
This is a ps4 thread dude, no megapatch for us. Go post on ps3 thread and stop blaming issues on Sony, Farsight have to step up to the plate too!

Err...

You actually have, in a certain way, the megapatch "included" in the PS4 version (for all availables tables) and Farsight just brought the fixes to the PS3 version.

I just answered to "They only care about those stupid under-powered tablets and phones." and took the megapatch for example (and how FS had to struggle to make Sony let them patch DLC)

That's why I think Sony's stupid policies are to blame. Otherwise, we would have a free month table and regular updates like all the others devices.

Everywhere but not on Sony's platforms. Really... FS' fault?

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Otherwise, we would have a free month table and regular updates like all the others devices.

I'm fine with 3monthly updates, just means more tables at once to play. But couldn't they program in something that gives you credits or something instead so people can try other tables. I'm going to buy them all, but for those that won't, it would make sense to look at a different method of providing the same features. Say provide 10 credits, and you can earn some through end of game pops in other tables, or say one credit for every 20 playthroughs of other tables (meaning you must go all the way through the end of game sequence)

Probably wouldn't hurt for Farsight to explore being PSN+ game of the month either. Provide a selection of tables for free (ie the season 3 tables that have just been released so people are still open to buying season 1/2). Especially on the PS3 now the mega patch is going to be out, and it's perfect timing to get people interested in it again.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Played the real PS4 version for the first time tonight and I'm pretty pleased with it other than the audio. The gameplay is nice with no lag and the physics have been upraded to a certain extent. Obviously it looks great while playing. Overall I can't complain.

Members online

Members online