TPA on the PS4 - First Impressions

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
During the BK2k stream, somebody mentioned that the PS4 programmer went overseas on vacation after release. The way it was said, I got the impression that no work had been done on it since launch. They said he is back in the office now working on the PS4 version again, but it was impossible to infer exactly how long he had been working on it. It sounded like not that long :\

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Loving this emulation to bits, but is it just me or of late has the ball speed increased?
It seemed to have a better physics feel initially than other playforms but something has changed maybe.

I finally figured it out. My nephew has PA on PS4 also and his is a lot slower to play than mine. Answer, when you achieve all table goals and he hasn't yet, you enter the wizard mode goals then the dynamics DO change and the ball speeds up as well as some slight physics changes. Very clever.
This was doing my head in to why there was a subtle change.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I finally figured it out. My nephew has PA on PS4 also and his is a lot slower to play than mine. Answer, when you achieve all table goals and he hasn't yet, you enter the wizard mode goals then the dynamics DO change and the ball speeds up as well as some slight physics changes. Very clever.
I don't think this actually happens *except* in your head : o

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

This seems very unlikely. I'd like to hear someone from Farsight comment on this.

Feb 19, 2014

I have a better explanation .

Check to see if your tv is running in "motion plus:eek:n"

Turn it off.

That should solve it.

Feb 19, 2014
Holy **** at these visuals... AFM looks real..... I feel like I have a real AFM sitting right in front of me. I am. Blown away. First PS4 game and I don't even care. Wow.

More impressions as I play more tables. I'm just stunned at these graphics.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
First impressions were good enough to buy the ps4, now I wish I had waited!
WTF Farsight, no new tables still, still bugs to be adressed.
Newsletter arrived today and it was ordinary to say the least for us poor ps4 users.
C,mon someone try and defend them now?
Still love the game, but getting very, very annoyed with lack of follow up.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Uh well supposedly we're getting at least a few tables this month guys, let's not go all to pieces just yet.

Feb 19, 2014
First impressions were good enough to buy the ps4, now I wish I had waited!
WTF Farsight, no new tables still, still bugs to be adressed.
Newsletter arrived today and it was ordinary to say the least for us poor ps4 users.
C,mon someone try and defend them now?
Still love the game, but getting very, very annoyed with lack of follow up.

While i agree the newsletter was lacking, it's ok. Pinwiz confirmed were getting Fish Tales and Black Rose, this week or next. And the first patch will Fix the sound.

So it's all good.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
While i agree the newsletter was lacking, it's ok. Pinwiz confirmed were getting Fish Tales and Black Rose, this week or next. And the first patch will Fix the sound.

So it's all good.

For the record, I haven't updated the News thread in over a month (as I'm no longer updating the forum) so some of the information in the News thread may no longer be valid.

Feb 19, 2014
This it how it has always been. They only care about those stupid under-powered tablets and phones.

I don't think so. Far more love was given to this version. I have all the iPhone tables and the diffence in graphics between ps4 and iPhone is like night and day.... No that's not even fair, it's more like the dark ages versus heaven lol. There's not even a comparison. I can't even play on my phone anymore after experiencing ps4.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
For the record, I haven't updated the News thread in over a month (as I'm no longer updating the forum) so some of the information in the News thread may no longer be valid.
So another words, pfffffffft, don't really know and a rough guess?
Don't you love HERESAY

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.