TPA ROM Emulation

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
Just curious about the process Farsight uses for rom emulation? Do they use code from PinMAME or something? Or is it all written from scratch?

Does Williams, Gottlieb and Stern provide them with the table ROMs? Do they dump them from the physical machines? Do they download them from the internet? lol

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Just curious about the process Farsight uses for rom emulation? Do they use code from PinMAME or something? Or is it all written from scratch?

Does Williams, Gottlieb and Stern provide them with the table ROMs? Do they dump them from the physical machines? Do they download them from the internet? lol
They buy the physical machines, so they have the ROMs.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It is written from scratch, but by someone who did a lot of work in the PinMAME community. This emulation is specific to TPA and does not share with VP.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
The person who does the ROM work is no other then Steve Ellenoff, yes Chris he did an Awesome job on Pinmame. I have him on Facebook and talk to him every so often, he knows I want Family Guy really bad and is trying really hard to get S.A.M. Emulation to work on last gen consoles and phones and Tablets. But he says it could be awhile, he says S.A.M. would work perfect on Mac, PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4. He told me to hang in their it will happen eventually.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
... and is trying really hard to get S.A.M. Emulation to work on last gen consoles and phones and Tablets. But he says it could be awhile, he says S.A.M. would work perfect on Mac, PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4. He told me to hang in their it will happen eventually.

Which is precisely why they should either make this the last playable season on older devices, or create a different app just for these type of tables. At some point they really just need to move forward and quit shooting for the lowest common denominator.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts