TPA Season 5 Predictions

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
What about Safe Cracker?

With Xenon they did add the animated lighting to the backglass. Safecracker is one of those tables where the backglass lighting is important to see where you have moved on the "board".

So the programming to do animated lighting on the backglass a pre-cursor to Safecracker release? I hope so.

That said if the next table is a Lawler (Red & Ted) not sure the one right after it would be as well. I'd be fine with it but I know people seem to get grumpy over too many tables from one designer released in a single season.

Edit: Oh, this thread is for S5. Was in the wrong thread. So think SafeCracker is likely for S5.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
One older table I'd like to see that I've never seen mentioned on here before is PHAROAH, a Williams table from the early eighties. Never played it IRL but I saw a YouTube video on it that made it look kind of cool. It has an upper play field like BK and BK2k. Plus, I am an ancient Egyptian history buff so the theme appeals to me.

I had mentioned this probably a year ago and got very little interest. It's a very cool table!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Back when the voting was taking place for diner/cyclone/earthshaker, after diner won it was revealed that the other two tables and f-14 would be coming later, two in season 4 and one in season 5. So by process of elimination, f-14 is already confirmed for season 5. Source is bobby King on the podcast with the dude named derek and his mom.

That was a horrible podcast by the way. So here's the thing. Bobby also said we'd be getting an EM. And that turned into Xenon. By and large, the state of which tables go where is very fluid at FarSight. For instance, it was only very recently that they even put together what 'most' of season 5 is going to look like. So between the time of that podcast (almost a year ago) and now, a lot could have changed. On top of that, they never hard lock a season in case opportunities arise or tables can't be found.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That was a horrible podcast by the way. So here's the thing. Bobby also said we'd be getting an EM. And that turned into Xenon. By and large, the state of which tables go where is very fluid at FarSight. For instance, it was only very recently that they even put together what 'most' of season 5 is going to look like. So between the time of that podcast (almost a year ago) and now, a lot could have changed. On top of that, they never hard lock a season in case opportunities arise or tables can't be found.

Very true and all valid. Still, given the unyielding requests for f-14, a table that grows in popularity with every release that isn't f-14, not to mention their own positive perception of the table, it still has to be a table that is on the radar with near absolute certainty within the next year. I do agree with you but I think in the course of a season, it would be difficult not to get that one out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.