iOS - Bug TPA unplayable on iPhone X

WJB

Apr 28, 2013
I assumed Farsight would be aware of this, but I haven't seen any references to it on this site...

The whole app is completely unplayable on the iPhone X. It plays fullscreen, but it's severely cropped: it's impossible to see the sides of tables, and the ball launch camera is almost on the floor!

Also, the menu screens are awful, with the lower status bar now appearing in the middle of the screen.

I absolutely love TPA, but it's very frustrating to have this app (and a huge amount of financial investment in tables since 2012) rendered utterly useless by the lack of a fix.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I didn't see it mentioned in the ios beta, but they might be aware of it. Please report it to farsight support just to be safe.

PS. How good is the face recognition? Does it work well, or only sometimes?

Edit: I mentioned your post and posted a link in the ios beta area as well.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I already informed them about this Yes and face recognition works really well

Below Farsights reply

Hello there!
We are sorry for the trouble. The iPhone X has different screen dimensions then any other IOS device. We can easily resolve this issue, but we need an iPhone X to test on. We have ordered one but it has not arrived just yet. We should have one soon and we will be able to rectify the issue shortly after

WJB

Apr 28, 2013
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've always thought it's such a great atmosphere on this forum - must be something inherently friendly about pinball fans!

Yes - the iPhone X's face recognition works very well, although I definitely preferred the fingerprint scan to use Apple Pay. Holding the phone up to my face before I pay for something just feels... stupid. In terms of accuracy, the Face ID works every time - and very quickly. I'm sure functionality will get even better as more developers find uses for it.

The Pinball Arcade will look absolutely wonderful on the new screen! Thanks again all.

Last edited:

jonboy71

Apr 21, 2012
When is this going to be resolved? Furthermore all tables on Stern PBA and even Ghostbusters on both TPA and Stern PBA have me looking at the coin door!!!! I spent a lot of money on these tables and still no fix.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
FYI don’t buy over priced tat designed for little old grannies and hipsters, as if farsight will go to the expense of the Jesus phone....my aunt did and she uses Facebook eBay and candy crush I’m not ivory tower and I’ve been out of edumaction since I was 13 but Jesus Christ peple....**** the topic Harry’s having rant

Carryon...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.