Request TPA Website Issues / Requests

invitro

May 4, 2012
Let me know if you see any errors
Hey LAW, I found some corrupt data. If you go to Mobile, Overall Standings, and scroll to ranks 301-325, then press right, the page stays the same. If you press right again, you get ranks 351-375. The problem appears to be: the line for rank 335 (with 77.9745 pts) is cut off. This is itself not a problem, it happens and usually the next <auxblock> continues it. But this time, the next <auxblock></auxblock> is empty. Then the next <auxblock> picks up in the middle of rank 347.

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
Hey LAW, I found some corrupt data

Nice catch! Should be fixed now

All-Time Tournament ranking?
Will the website display only the current tournament data, or the data from previous tournaments

We're looking into the All-Time ranking, it wasn't on my radar unfortunately, but yes it should be possible.
Right now the website shows only the most current tournaments, so if a new tournament goes live it will show that one instead. It would definitely be nice to have older ones available though, and we'll see if we can pull it off the shelf and make it happen ;)

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Here's another score catched by the filter and visible in the game leaderboard only:

Medieval_Madness.jpg

After a score update same problem occurs again. :eek:

Medieval_Madness.jpg

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Only just realised the website had these leaderboards... but is there any reason I only have scores listed for 25 tables on there? I've checked my TPA and I'm listed (mostly very low down!) on the leaderboard for every table, but most of them aren't reflected on the site leaderboards... listed as TanCoul if that helps.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Only just realised the website had these leaderboards... but is there any reason I only have scores listed for 25 tables on there? I've checked my TPA and I'm listed (mostly very low down!) on the leaderboard for every table, but most of them aren't reflected on the site leaderboards... listed as TanCoul if that helps.

The website leaderboards are limited to the Top 2000 for each table, i.e. if you're ranked 2001, your ID won't be displayed. :)

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
The website leaderboards are limited to the Top 2000 for each table, i.e. if you're ranked 2001, your ID won't be displayed. :)
Yep, that would probably explain it :) I know I'm not in the top 100,000 on TOTAN, let alone the top 2000... gives me a new target for once the next tourney's over, anyway!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

The .csv download for all tables are limited to the Top 2000, .csv downloads for individual tables contain all scores as do the leaderboards on the website. Just make sure that the platform and timeframe filters are set right, because the website usually defaults to something that isn't all platforms/all time.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The .csv download for all tables are limited to the Top 2000, .csv downloads for individual tables contain all scores as do the leaderboards on the website. Just make sure that the platform and timeframe filters are set right, because the website usually defaults to something that isn't all platforms/all time.
I may be misunderstanding, but the individual table .csv downloads (aka a file like "TPA_ElviraScaredStiff.zip") contains only the top 2000 scores also.

And on what Tann said above, the "website leaderboards" contain only the top 510 scores, not 2000. You may be using "website leaderboards" to refer to the .csv files though. :)

The best way to find all of your scores & their ranks is to find your username on one website leaderboard, and click through to the user detail page. (Or perhaps to log in to the website.)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Yep, I meant Top 2000 with the csv masterdata. But thanks, I wasn't aware the website itself lists the ranks > 2000 on the ID scorecard (when you click on the ID in a leaderboard on which the ID rank is better than #510).

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
[MENTION=2570]LAW[/MENTION] I just checked out the online tournament leaderboards and want to say you guys did a great job there!! It looks like it works perfectly for me to view on my phone as well (which isn't always the case with the regular leaderboards). The polish FS has added to and around this game over the last 6 months or so really shows. A big thank you to you and the whole FS team!

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
I just checked out the online tournament leaderboards and want to say you guys did a great job there!! It looks like it works perfectly for me to view on my phone as well (which isn't always the case with the regular leaderboards). The polish FS has added to and around this game over the last 6 months or so really shows. A big thank you to you and the whole FS team!

Hey thanks! We appreciate that; we've been working hard to bring TPA up a few notches in professionalism and we're glad it shows and that the community appreciates the effort!

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
Just a heads up, we've added Historical Tournament functionality on the website with records as far back as available for each platform. I note that I am unsure about how tournament hacks / glitches were handled in the past; whether they were merely excluded after the fact or if their scores were actually removed. Thus, some of the standings may or may not match the final official standings (as published in the newsletter). For example I see scores from PAFSUX which i believe were eventually excluded. If i can get more info on this I'll let you know. Also, you'll notice that the Aug 30, 2014 tourneys for Mobile & PSN are sketchy and may need to be excluded, i have yet to take a closer look at them.

Last edited:

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
Wonderful!! Thanks so much for making this happen.
Yup yup! Excited to see what you do with it! Also, the All-Time tournament rankings are available now as well via buttons at the bottom of the Tournament page.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Yeah, good work!

The All-Time Ranking in TPA itself is a pain to scroll through (as the filter doesn't work), especially to see how much players are ranked in.

It's now a breeze with these new pages.

Thanks!

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
[MENTION=2570]LAW[/MENTION] I emailed support with a question the the "personal" scoresheet (= find one of your scores on the all-time leaderboards, then click on your name). For some reason Black Hole (core table) and Funhouse (in pack with Cirqus Voltaire which is fine) have no scores / rank posted. They are treated the same as the tables that aren't out for PS3 yet (i.e. table info there, but personal info blank). I don't think support really knows about this yet as they asked if I was missing the tables. This has been going on for a couple of Sundays now.

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
[MENTION=2570]LAW[/MENTION] I emailed support with a question the the "personal" scoresheet (= find one of your scores on the all-time leaderboards, then click on your name). For some reason Black Hole (core table) and Funhouse (in pack with Cirqus Voltaire which is fine) have no scores / rank posted. They are treated the same as the tables that aren't out for PS3 yet (i.e. table info there, but personal info blank). I don't think support really knows about this yet as they asked if I was missing the tables. This has been going on for a couple of Sundays now.
Ah interesting, I was unaware of this let me look into it, i'll get back to you

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I'm not sure about Funhouse, but the Black Hole leaderboards on PS3 have completely different scores from other platforms. I think it might have been an old leaderboard that was reset on other platforms because there are a ton of scores in the billions (which would take forever to do on Black Hole.)

Also, I am not sure about Vita, but the PS4 version at least uses the proper leaderboards.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
[MENTION=2570]LAW[/MENTION] I emailed support with a question the the "personal" scoresheet (= find one of your scores on the all-time leaderboards, then click on your name). For some reason Black Hole (core table) and Funhouse (in pack with Cirqus Voltaire which is fine) have no scores / rank posted. They are treated the same as the tables that aren't out for PS3 yet (i.e. table info there, but personal info blank). I don't think support really knows about this yet as they asked if I was missing the tables.

Ah interesting, I was unaware of this let me look into it, i'll get back to you

Really? :D

Posted June 12th, 2015:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ssues-Requests?p=211526&viewfull=1#post211526

------------------------------------------------------
Hello Law,

Yay! I noticed that the Black Hole leaderboard has been cleaned on the website.

But like Funhouse, there's a problem on PS3: the BH leaderboard in TPA is different from the one on the website (on PS3, it still shows all the mobile bogus scores -16B for the 1st-), with a result that highscores made on PS3 are not posted.

Example:

I played on Black Hole today, scored 7.378.500 pts (ID: Ouazegaga). This score is correctly displayed in-game in the weekly and monthly leaderboards, but it's not on the website leaderboard (neither my all-time highscore -8.701.720M).

What is weird is that PSN people post highscores on BH and FH (PS4?). So its seems to be a problem only with the PS3 version.

So far, Funhouse and Black Hole are the two tables which have the leaderboards totally desynchronized

With a lovely screenshot:

FH_bug_leaderboards.png

(same empty cell for Black Hole)

Your answer of June 15th, 2015:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ssues-Requests?p=211750&viewfull=1#post211750

I've made our testing department aware of this and they are going to try to replicate it so we can pass it on to programming for a fix

You enter in the twilight zone. :p

EDIT:

I reported again the problem on July 9th, 2015:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...erboard-scores?p=214201&viewfull=1#post214201

On Black Hole PS3, I can't stand anymore to be ranked 6998th with a score that should be 60th on the website leaderboards. (but my score was not posted anyway)

Same for FH, on which all the PS3 scores are not posted to the website leaderboards since ages.

Your answer from July 9th, 2015:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...erboard-scores?p=214227&viewfull=1#post214227

Still no word on why this is occurring on PS3, I need to go talk to our Sony programmer again.

The truth is outhere.
:p

Last edited:

LAW

FarSight Employee
May 2, 2013
Ah, my fault, I misread Byte's question and thought it was a generic issue across all platforms. If it's only PS3 then yes it would be the same issue.
Is it the same case for you that this ONLY occurs on the "personal" leaderboards and NOT the Weekly/Monthly/All-Time leaderboards and "My Scores" section on the website?

If so that is extremely helpful information (it eliminates the possibility of an actual game code problem with those two tables on PS3 - something out of my hands - and means its strictly a website issue) and we should be able to figure out why that's occurring in short order, although its quite unusual that it would only happen on those two tables.

(NOTE: After reading Byte's comment I did make a code adjustment that may have impacted this, so if its not occurring anymore that may be why).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.