TPA Wishlist - The Ultimate 100

p6800

May 17, 2013
I'm glad whe i see Rollergames love. I remember playing it 15 years ago in a small arcade, with the volume turned up a little. 3rd ball lock ready + 3dr ball being locked sounds gave me goose bumps and made other people turn their heads toward the machine! It was amazing!

Ro-ller-games! Ro-ller-games!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Rollergames is such a fun multiplayer game too. The joy of getting your turn when the person before you locked all but one ball, leaving you the ability to steal the multiball from them. I always got a thrill just from standard play and then it'd eject all the locked balls up and around the rails and right back into the lock. And that freakin' music...total ear worm material!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Oh how I want Rollergames. I even sent Bobby a video link of the game since he was unfamiliar with how awesome it is. Lotta branding on that one though...
I don't like seeing tables being modified in anyway, but I'll make an exception for Rollergames. I wouldn't have any problems if Farsight decided to change the branding to fictional names.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Congratulations to all on the T2 Kickstarter success. That's one more major table I can move from the "Wishlist" section to the release list. Now, while I'm certainly looking forward to beta access, maybe the TAF Kickstarter can include a reward tier called "Give us $1000 and we'll let you pick a non-licensed table for future release!" Since that may be the only way I'll ever get Swords of Fury or Xenon, I'll start saving now... grrr.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Alright, so I updated the list in the original post again, and I tried to take the recent polls into account. I don't remember which tables were leading in every category, so if I missed something major, please let me know.

Just so people don't need to keep flipping between pages, here's the newest one:

PinballArcadeWishlist072213_zpsbd0bcbe8.jpg

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I see that you added Banzai Run to your newest list. Good call ! :)

I've always liked the actual table. I've just been a bit doubtful that the backglass gameplay could be reproduced accurately in TPA, but with so many fans wanting it, I think FarSight could eventually make it a priority.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Alright, so I updated the list in the original post again, and I tried to take the recent polls into account. I don't remember which tables were leading in every category, so if I missed something major, please let me know.

Just so people don't need to keep flipping between pages, here's the newest one:

PinballArcadeWishlist072213_zpsbd0bcbe8.jpg

what a great list !!!!! if we get these I will be doing cartwheels to the moon and back. thanks Josh !!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The chances of getting newer Sterns does seem very small, but I would love to have Tron LE and AC/DC Back In Black LE. I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed them. AC/DC creates a great sense of excitement when playing it. It blew me away with the sound, lights, and toys.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I'm certainly not hating on those tables, but AC/DC and anything Disney-related is going to cost a bundle, maybe too much to make them a priority. I still think Pirates of the Caribbean may [possibly] happen, but for now, I'm even leaving that one out.

These are the major SAM tables that I think we may never get:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Family Guy
Shrek
Spider-Man
Batman (The Dark Knight)
Iron Man
Rolling Stones
TRON: Legacy
Transformers
AC/DC
X-Men
The Avengers
Metallica

I don't think anyone cares about 24, CSI, Wheel of Fortune, or that OTHER Indiana Jones...

But honestly, take a hard look at that list of cash-in licenses, many of which are better IPs than they are pinball machines. Is that really what TPA is all about? Personally, I'm fine leaving a list like that out of the game, even if it means sacrificing a couple good ones by proxy. I certainly don't think any of them are detrimental to TPA being "definitive".

Last edited:

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
Eh - I love all the Stern games. There's a couple obviously crummy ones in there (including one we inexplicably have on TPA) but they have some of the best designers working for them, and while they don't have the resources of Williams, sometimes they turn out something truly wonderful like LOTR or AC/DC. Tron is pretty fantastic too, but I don't want to derail with a long Stern defense.

Instead I'll go to bat for Capcom and say I'd love to see Pinball Magic too if we're asking for Big Bang Bar. And also Kingpin, which I've never played but have heard is excellent.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Eh - I love all the Stern games. There's a couple obviously crummy ones in there (including one we inexplicably have on TPA) but they have some of the best designers working for them, and while they don't have the resources of Williams, sometimes they turn out something truly wonderful like LOTR or AC/DC. Tron is pretty fantastic too, but I don't want to derail with a long Stern defense.

Instead I'll go to bat for Capcom and say I'd love to see Pinball Magic too if we're asking for Big Bang Bar. And also Kingpin, which I've never played but have heard is excellent.

Big Bang Bar is possible, as long as FS can get their hands on one, since that license went to Williams after Capcom sold its pinball assets. I think the same may be true for Pinball Magic, Airborne, and Kingpin, but I don't think anyone is totally certain because BBB was an independent manufacturer licensed under Capcom. If BBB made it into TPA, it may not even have Capcom logos on it.

As for the Stern stuff, I am still very hopeful on Lord of the Rings, as it was originally non-SAM in 2003. It would undoubtedly require a Kickstarter, though, so I don't think we'll see it until 2014 or later. I'm a huge fan of TRON in general, and the PotC table is also great. But like I said, I don't think either of those would make or break TPA. They would just be an awesome bonus if they did happen.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
Big Bang Bar is possible, as long as FS can get their hands on one, since that license went to Williams after Capcom sold its pinball assets. I think the same may be true for Pinball Magic, Airborne, and Kingpin, but I don't think anyone is totally certain because BBB was an independent manufacturer licensed under Capcom. If BBB made it into TPA, it may not even have Capcom logos on it.

Doesn't Gene Cunningham own the remaining Capcom Pinball assets? I would figure that TPA wouldn't dedicate a bunch of work to emulating Capcom just for one game, but three or four might make it worth their while.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Josh, I would love to see Gottlieb Rescue 911, it is such a fun game. But might be difficult with the Helicopter, what do you all think, I don't think the licence would be too difficult to get. The show hasn't been on tv for a quite a while, it's also one of the few Gottliebs pinball machines I like, besides Freddy, Cactus Jack, Surf n Safari, and Class of 1812. If you could please add those couple Gottlieb games I posted it would be great, the only 3 S.A.M. Games I would really want to have are Family Guy (This Game and The Wizard of Oz are my 2 favorite games of all time right know), Spiderman, and Tron Legacy. But I also want to say thank you for making that awesome list you made Josh.

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Pinball Magic, Airbourne, Kingpin and Breakshot would all be great additions to the list. I do believe Gene owns the rights to the Capcom games. I know there are a few threads on Pinside that address that. Gene wants to reproduce Kingpin like he did with BBB. The problem is decrypting the security on the Capcom board. Maybe a kick starter to raise money for a bounty to some of the hackers at their conventions would be an idea.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts