• Visual Pinball 8/9

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Zen Pinball

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Pinball FX2

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • None (dislike digitally-realized pinball)

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
But prior to Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, my favorite pinball sim ever was Royal Flush, which introduced me to the joys of simulated real tables (Royal Flush was a great 1970s Gottlieb EM; they did a solid-state remake a few years later, but the sim was doing the EM version). I think Broderbund released the PC version. The Mac port became orphanware and was released for free by the developer, which was how I encountered it. It was for Classic Mac OS and didn't make the transition to OS X, so that was it for me until PHoF came out. If TPA ever gets into Gottlieb electromechanicals, I would dearly love for them to do Royal Flush.
Well, actually...

Royal Flush was made by Amtex. Prior to Royal Flush, they published Tristan pinball (developed by Little Wing). After Royal Flush, they did Eight Ball Deluxe.

In Eight Ball Deluxe, there was a button you could click that would show you an upcoming game from Amtex - FUNHOUSE.

Unfortunately, Amtex was basically a bunch of ripoff artists and went under, taking with them the rights to Funhouse...

Tabe

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I noticed Rudy in Eight Ball Deluxe -- could I see the preview of Funhouse before Amtex went down? I wonder what happened with them, by the way.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
No Revenge of the Gator or Kirby's Pinball Land (both for Gameboy)? Those are two of my favorites, though I also love the crush/crash series.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Pro Pinball would be the best, except for the lack of real tables, and the lackluster presentation on them, though the designs and rules were quite good. The screen shots Silverball has been teasing us with suggest the new PP (if it happens) will give TPA a serious run for its money, especially if they release some new tables with the presentation qualities of their 3DS release.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.