Trophy Confirmation for PS4?

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Seems Farsight didn't change anything with their trophies for this release. I know they said they were planning to. Any idea why they didn't?

If there are no trophies on the season 3 release, because of trophy cap issues, I'm not sure if ill be buying it

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
You only play tables to get trophies?

No, but it adds value for me. I doubt I would have ever worked so hard to spell Harem on TOTAN if there wasn't some small carrot on a stick at the end. We can have another debate on the merits of trophies for the billionth time, but I think it would make more sense to try to answer the question of why trophies don't seem to have been addressed.

On a side note, charging $40 for a season pass that doesn't have trophy support is absurd. You may as well sell an MMO that doesn't support voice chat

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
They add value for me too. They encourage me to learn more specific features of a table in order to earn the trophy whereas otherwise I would play more blindly, especially considering the wide choice of tables we have now.

Some tables the first impression can be quite bad, but if you get to know it better you will start to like it. Trophies can be a good way of encouraging you to spend the time to do that. Its certainly helpful in the short term too as I don't think anyone on my PS4 list has the game yet so nobody to compete against score wise, as I am far too bad at pinball to compete in the global leaderboards.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
No, but it adds value for me. I doubt I would have ever worked so hard to spell Harem on TOTAN if there wasn't some small carrot on a stick at the end. We can have another debate on the merits of trophies for the billionth time, but I think it would make more sense to try to answer the question of why trophies don't seem to have been addressed.

On a side note, charging $40 for a season pass that doesn't have trophy support is absurd. You may as well sell an MMO that doesn't support voice chat

+1 I definitely agree with this sentiment.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They add value for me too. They encourage me to learn more specific features of a table in order to earn the trophy whereas otherwise I would play more blindly, especially considering the wide choice of tables we have now.

Some tables the first impression can be quite bad, but if you get to know it better you will start to like it. Trophies can be a good way of encouraging you to spend the time to do that. Its certainly helpful in the short term too as I don't think anyone on my PS4 list has the game yet so nobody to compete against score wise, as I am far too bad at pinball to compete in the global leaderboards.

Every table will still have the table goals. The table goals do help in pushing me to learn more of the table rules but I don't care about these silly virtual trophies even if they are labeled "ultra rare".

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
For a while now, Sony has allowed "collection" games to treat each game on the disc as a separate game. Jak & Daxter, God of War, Ratchet & Clank and more. Each title in its set may have a separate set of retail trophies, up to the maximum number for an individual game. Unfortunately, I suspect Sony would see Pinball Arcade's table packs as DLC expansions, not separate games. Other games have gotten major DLC expansions, but those expansions have not entitled them to the same number of trophies as the parent game title.
Using individual trophy "folders" for every table-pack is indeed a wacky idea. But using individual sets of trophies ("folders") for each season would do it for me. Well, I guess Sony wouldn't allow something like this either, despite the many games that are now released in seasons like "The Walking Dead" with individual trophies for each one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts