Request Twilight Zone Kickstarter Update #8 - Guess which top 10 licensed table.

Guess which top 10 licensed table from the TZ Update #8

• The Addams Family

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • The Lord of the Rings

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
It's got to be TAF, they've been hinting at getting it all along. My guess is that they'll do a Kickstarter to finish up the rest of STTNG and I wouldn't be surprised if they add TAF as the stretch goal. With that said, I know some of you will probably say that this is unwise, but if we want these premium licensed tables, I'm starting to think that crowd-funding is the only way that we'll get them. And once again, I will gladly put my money to the vote.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Could be Scared Stiff. Well, really, it could be any of them, but that's just another highly rated one that I would have thrown on there.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Voted for TAF. I hope that we also get the other three in the near future. . . . .

**subliminal message for FS**

Yndi dna rtol Yndi dna rtol Yndi dna rtol Yndi dna rtol Yndi dna rtol Yndi dna rtol Yndi dna rtol

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It's got to be TAF, they've been hinting at getting it all along. My guess is that they'll do a Kickstarter to finish up the rest of STTNG and I wouldn't be surprised if they add TAF as the stretch goal. With that said, I know some of you will probably say that this is unwise, but if we want these premium licensed tables, I'm starting to think that crowd-funding is the only way that we'll get them. And once again, I will gladly put my money to the vote.

I certainly hope not. I'm hoping TZ and STTNG (and whatever this one is) will make them profitable enough that they will no longer need to do kickstarters. FS has said as much already. They got TZ funded, and will probably get STTNG funded, but beyond that, each kickstarter will be met with ever diminishing returns.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Could be Scared Stiff. Well, really, it could be any of them, but that's just another highly rated one that I would have thrown on there.

Farsight said "an extremely famous top-ten table." To the best of my knowledge, the only two pinball websites that I've heard them reference was pinside and ipdb. So I stuck with their top ten lists. However, it seems that Scared Stiff has creeped into the top ten on Pinside so maybe it's been in and out of the top ten on that site. Wasn't when I made the poll though. Could be a possibility.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I certainly hope not. I'm hoping TZ and STTNG (and whatever this one is) will make them profitable enough that they will no longer need to do kickstarters. FS has said as much already. They got TZ funded, and will probably get STTNG funded, but beyond that, each kickstarter will be met with ever diminishing returns.
I agree they can't drink from this well too many times, but TAF would be the one exception to that rule. Regardless of the objective value of that table, it has a massive following. A kickstarter for it would attract hordes of backers, and its presence on TPA would generate a lot of sales from people who might not be into pinball generally, but who remember good times playing that table at their bar, campus, whatever back in the day. It's a white whale worth chasing.

Also, TAF has an immediately obvious kickstarter incentive: Make it in both regular and Gold editions, and make the Gold edition backer-exclusive. Doesn't have to be at an especially high tier, even $25 or $50 would do it. Watch the donations pour in.

Farsight said "an extremely famous top-ten table." To the best of my knowledge, the only two pinball websites that I've heard them reference was pinside and ipdb. So I stuck with their top ten lists. However, it seems that Scared Stiff has creeped into the top ten on Pinside so maybe it's been in and out of the top ten on that site. Wasn't when I made the poll though. Could be a possibility.
Scared Stiff only requires the license from Cassandra Peterson to use the Elvira theme, and from what I've read various places and heard on the Spooky Pinball podcast, she is actually a big fan of pinball and wants to do a third physical table. So barring unexpected legal complications or disagreement over fees, I can't imagine she'd be making things difficult for FarSight. While Scared Stiff is a great table, I can't imagine that it would be considered "extremely famous" in the same way that TAF and TZ are. Nor do I think that Cassandra would have been connected with the Licensing Expo in any way, since her tables are more about her in particular and not about her TV show nor the B-movies featured on that show.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
You have to add a "fnord" if you want those subliminal message things to work. (Three pounds of flax for those who get the reference.)

If it helps to get the message to FS, here it goes. . . . .**subliminal message for FS**

Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord

**scratches skull** wonder what or who the heck is fnord :confused:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If it helps to get the message to FS, here it goes. . . . .**subliminal message for FS**

Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord Yndi dna rtol fnord

**scratches skull** wonder what or who the heck is fnord :confused:
Heh heh heh! I didn't expect you to actually try it! But since you've been a good sport about it, I suppose I owe you an explanation of what you've just done.

See more information about fnords here, or consult your pineal gland. (And no more three pounds of flax for spotting the reference, since I've given the game away now.)

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Heh heh heh! I didn't expect you to actually try it! But since you've been a good sport about it, I suppose I owe you an explanation of what you've just done.

See more information about fnords here, or consult your pineal gland. (And no more three pounds of flax for spotting the reference, since I've given the game away now.)

LOL Just read the link. Thanks for clarifying. FarSight. . . . Fnord YndI dna RTOL Fnord YndI dna RTOL Fnord YndI dna RTOL Fnord YndI dna RTOL :cool:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
They seem to have been leaning on the IPDB list over the Pinside one, which assuming STTNG is a different issue, means Addams or Indy. I'm guessing Addams, because the clamor for it on their facebook page, and the Kickstarter comments easily outpaces that for Indy, which I would assume to be as, or more expensive of a license.

The wild card might be this: given the number of Star Wars and Indy pins over the years, it is entirely possible that Lucas's Americana nostalgia thing includes a fondness for pinball, and therefore I suppose it's possible that LucasFilm might give them (FarSight) a break on the license.

Personally, I'll take all 4 from the poll. ASAP.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
Why is it taking so long to get the Star Trek TNG kickstarter started? They should put it up now while everybody who contributed to the TZ one and new forum members can contribute.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Why is it taking so long to get the Star Trek TNG kickstarter started? They should put it up now while everybody who contributed to the TZ one and new forum members can contribute.

Exactly a good reason as to why it hasn't been started. A good deal of the contributors can't contribute as they just made a donation. Best thing for farsight is to lay off a bit so everyone can recuperate. Besides, if you go to the well too many times you run out of water.

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012
I agree, Bowflex.

Concerning the poll in the original post I have a feeling the of the tables listed in the voting options The Adams Family would be the most logical choice. I'm sure the licenses for this game would be cheaper by a huge margin than the licenses for the other games. Also, TAF is one of the most beloved pinball tables of all-time. More so than Spidey or LotR for sure. Though you would get some debate on whether it's more widely liked than Indy.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
They should hold off on the Star Trek: TNG Kickstarter until they've got some DLC out for the big consoles. Fortunately the PS3 packs are supposed to emerge today, and with luck XBox 360 won't be too many more weeks. But they need to get a good buzz going again about what they're capable of doing before they start asking people for money.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
They should hold off on the Star Trek: TNG Kickstarter until they've got some DLC out for the big consoles. Fortunately the PS3 packs are supposed to emerge today, and with luck XBox 360 won't be too many more weeks. But they need to get a good buzz going again about what they're capable of doing before they start asking people for money.

I agree completely. There were a lot of comments over on the kickstarter about the lack of console DLC and especially about the lack of TPA on the PC and PS3 (in Europe). Now that there's a release date in Europe for the PS3 and the consoles will (hopefully in the case of the 360) be close to caught up on DLC within the next month or two, we should start to see more positive buzz about the game as a whole. If the PC version comes out over the summer it will be even better, and THEN would be the best time for a new kickstarter IMO.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Waiting a little while would also mean that they can explicitly mention the surplus going to Mystery License #3, whether or not it's an explicit stretch goal.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Right, good point Matt. It seems as if they're still doing investigations into what it would take to get different licenses, so it would be great if they went into the next kickstarter with known figures for different tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.