Twilight Zone tournament; 1st ball; 3 LITZ; 4 billion points; ball vanishes...

luxmatic

May 20, 2012
Twilight Zone tournament. 1st ball. Just tackled my 3rd Lost in the Zone. Four billion points plus. I'm ON A ROLL.

Ball vanishes into the camera area. Crap. OK. Wait for the table to find it. Nope. Wait again. And again. Nope. Nudge. Nope. Nudge. Nudge. Nope. Nudge. Nudge. Nudge. Nope. Wait. Nope.

Call attendant, but attendant says the ball isn't lost. Waiting doesn't work. Nudge some more. Wait. Call attendant. Nothing. So... TILT. And the ball still isn't showing up.

Arrrgh! I don't think I can invest THAT much time in a game for fear of that happening again.

This isn't a Twilight Zone specific complaint. Just wishing "call attendant" would be a more helpful. I've had something like this happen to me on a number of tables.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Congrats anyway. I just broke a billion for the first time in my life on that table. I would love to tilt with that score you have on my final ball!

luxmatic

May 20, 2012
Geez, let us mere mortals even get an attempt at going to the top 20%....

Like you, I was just a mere mortal on the game just a few days ago. Typical game was well short of a single LITZ and less than a billion. Then.... something clicked. Anyway...

My point in posting was to call out the inadequacy of "call attendant". It as very frustrating to have my once-in-a-lifetime game derailed like that.

Last edited:

luxmatic

May 20, 2012
Did you lose the ball during multi ball?

It was one of my first shots right after Lost in the Zone.

In one of my earlier games, I had a different LITZ problem. At the end, the event camera focused on the gumball machine as the balls were collected and it just stayed there. Focus - a couple minutes later - eventually game back to the main camera, but should have been on the plunger. Couldn't shoot a ball and had to abandon that game.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Like you, I was just a mere mortal on the game just a few days ago. Typical game was well short of a single LITZ and less than a billion. Then.... something clicked. Anyway...

My point in posting was to call out the inadequacy of "call attendant". It as very frustrating to have my once-in-a-lifetime game derailed like that.

I can definitely understand your frustration. It really sucks to have that wiped out. I've had a few issues with cameras ruining games and also a couple call attendant issues (althoug at least one of them was to try to stop scoring because my ball was stuck in a pop bumper causing it to infinitely score and I had a challenge even tilting the table!) I hope you are able to get another similar game!

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Geez, let us mere mortals even get an attempt at going to the top 20%....

I agree. Maybe this is TZ's way of punishing players who manage to get 3 LITZs on their first ball.

Code:
 if ( numLostInTheZone >= 3 ) then { ball.Disappear("mysteriously") }

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Heh. Call Attendant has always been iffy for me - I've actually had several games lose balls always (and I've often seen the ball fall onto the floor...).

Anyhow, I got SOOOOOOOO close to LITZ. Third ball, got all the door panels (flashing ? doorknob) then.. SDTM!

Those scores are ramping up faster than mine, I'm somewhere in the lower half now...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts