TZ Pricing and Release?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012

Welcome to the holiday rush - as it seems all quarter-million devs are simultaneously submitting apps to be released just in time for the holidays.

Heck, perusing the new apps and updated apps lists (you can use Appshopper for this) the lists have gotten VERY long latestly.

They have to be done as iTunes Connect (the developer portal) closes I think at Christmas and only reopens around New Years. No apps may be submitted, nor are any apps allowed to be edited (including pricing). I'm guessing during this time the main emphasis is keeping the store running as the surge of people getting iOS stuff for presents puts a new load on the system. Many a cloud service has died around noon Christmas day purely because of everyone activating their stuff at the same time.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
So here we are Nov. 12 and everything is STILL TBD. What gives you aren't gonna mke it by the end of November at this rate!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I bet its going to be a 2 day beta test, i.e. worthless. Sorry to be cynical but as an iOS beta tester betas have frequently been last minute before release.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I bet its going to be a 2 day beta test, i.e. worthless. Sorry to be cynical but as an iOS beta tester betas have frequently been last minute before release.

Just got the survey about the beta so maybe a 2 week beta period.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I swore I saw an interview where they mentioned wanting to not have Twilight Zone be more expensive than the other tables.

This! In the TNG Kickstarter pitch, they continously repeat how their interest is in providing excellent pinball tables to the public at a very affordable price. Jay Obernolte goes on to explain that they could of course sell the table for double the price of the other packs, but that not only would it result in poor business, it would also mean the table would not reach as many people. The very reason for the Kickstarter campaign was to be able to afford the licenses without having to charge more for the table. Go watch the pitch right now, if you think I got some of it wrong.

Seriously, tons of respect for FarSight for working like that. It makes me want to go buy all their add-on packs even if I'm not interested in the included tables.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.