[Unofficial] Community poll for next TPA Kickstarter

Which table would you contribute to?

• T2 Judgement Day (Williams - 1991)

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Star Wars (Data East - 1992)

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula (Williams - 1993)

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (Williams - 1993)

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Jurassic Park (Data East - 1993)

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • The Shadow (Bally - 1994)

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Dirty Harry (1995 - Williams)

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Big Bang Bar (Capcom - 1996)

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I still call B.S. on the whole emulation thing. There is no reason I should have been playing Big Bang Bar in VP 6 years ago by that logic. If they came out and said it wasn't possible on the mobile side of things, I might believe that, barely.

I just want someone to explain why something that was emulated just fine (granted, with a different program) years ago is not possible with today's hardware.

Maybe they could for a PC version. I'll bet the problem is with the emulation killing the frame rates on mobile platforms. I'm just guessing though.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I don't want a Kickstarter, I want them to make a regular two-table pack. : P

If you mean a two never before released table pack, + 1 for me. With the sole exception of Whirlwind and the upcoming Pinbot, I've had enough of the HOF re-releases.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
You should replace T2 with The Simpsons.
I also think Fasight should turn this into a Simpsons Pinball Dual Pack.

I would donate on the high end for this pack!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Guys, it's not a case of being able to run a Kickstarter on any table. They need a price for that table first, and they have a price for T2, so they're running a Kickstarter for it. It's a bit like finding a house for sale, then saying "no, you should buy that house instead," when it's not even for sale.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Guys, it's not a case of being able to run a Kickstarter on any table. They need a price for that table first, and they have a price for T2, so they're running a Kickstarter for it. It's a bit like finding a house for sale, then saying "no, you should buy that house instead," when it's not even for sale.

This is exactly the point I've been trying to get across to everyone. FarSight knows that the Addams Family, Simpsons, Indiana Jones, etc. are popular licensed tables that many would like to see released on The Pinball Arcade and are pursuing these licenses, but can't do a Kickstarter on them until they agree on a price with the license holders. The bottom line is, you can vote on which table you'd like to see Kickstarted next, but it won't make a bit of difference as FarSight will only run a Kickstarter on tables they are able to negotiate a licensing fee for.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
The poll is pure speculation that makes for interesting conversation. I don't expect this poll to affect Farsight's upcoming schedule.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Beat me to it, haha.

Ok, ok I made myself sound like a **** there :D so what's new? What would have sounded a lot better is if I had said " If its a choice between something I've played a lot of and something I've never played ( cos there's bugger all around here! ) my vote would go to something I haven't played and want to play ". Too late now tho :rolleyes:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

I believe just about any license is obtainable if enough money is offered to the holders.

I have a hard time believing Fox/Gracie/voice cast would turn down $50k (or so) to allow a couple old pinball tables to be re-released.
It would require no additional work on their part and wouldn't interfere with any of their current projects (Simpsons Tapped Out, etc).

Plus Konami was able to get The Simpsons Arcade game released recently, sans Kickstarter, and even offered it for free to PSN plus members for a month.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I believe just about any license is obtainable if enough money is offered to the holders.

I have a hard time believing Fox/Gracie/voice cast would turn down $50k (or so) to allow a couple old pinball tables to be re-released.
It would require no additional work on their part and wouldn't interfere with any of their current projects (Simpsons Tapped Out, etc).

Plus Konami was able to get The Simpsons Arcade game released recently, sans Kickstarter, and even offered it for free to PSN plus members for a month.

1. Konami was the developer of The Simpsons Arcade game.

2. FarSight is not Konami.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The bottom line is, you can vote on which table you'd like to see Kickstarted next, but it won't make a bit of difference as FarSight will only run a Kickstarter on tables they are able to negotiate a licensing fee for.

Noone here has the illusion it will make a difference, but it does make for interesting conversation. I didnt realise the popularity of Dracula for instance. I just read the poll as "Which licensed properties would you help kickstart".

Sadly, Indiana Jones is very far fetched is the license properties for Indy are very murky.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Noone here has the illusion it will make a difference, but it does make for interesting conversation. I didnt realise the popularity of Dracula for instance. I just read the poll as "Which licensed properties would you help kickstart".

Sadly, Indiana Jones is very far fetched is the license properties for Indy are very murky.

The poll title I understand, but the title of this thread is misleading as it clearly states, "Community poll for next TPA Kickstarter".

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I find it quite interesting that The Shadow is outperforming (slightly) T2. That tells me that the community is interested in minor licenses with great gameplay. Back to the Future anyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts