Untapped movie/tv pinball tables

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
After reading a couple threads on here in another section, I had never given much though but Final Fantasy would be perfect. It has lots of aspects that would translate well to pinball modes (character building, breeding of chocobos, etc). Plus it is basically a combination of steampunk, medieval lore and sci-fi fantasy, all of which are very hot themes right now. The movies haven't been so successful but the games are still popular, especially in America where RPGs were always questioned and not brought over.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
After reading a couple threads on here in another section, I had never given much though but Final Fantasy would be perfect. It has lots of aspects that would translate well to pinball modes (character building, breeding of chocobos, etc). Plus it is basically a combination of steampunk, medieval lore and sci-fi fantasy, all of which are very hot themes right now. The movies haven't been so successful but the games are still popular, especially in America where RPGs were always questioned and not brought over.

I think you're right, but this would probably be better suited towards fantasy pinball than a real life machine. I could see this turn into a Zen table, or maybe something like Metroid Prime Pinball, which featured several different tables that were linked. Speaking of that, why doesn't Zen have a mode like that?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Neat thread , I would add Heavy Metal animated 1981 Movie as a great pinball table never made , as long as were doing Ivan Reitman films Ghostbusters ever a Pinball table? Red Dwarf the BBC comedy series would have made good pinball. Why was there no Kill Bill Pinball table? I would think Tarentino films in general had the best themes for Pinball machines I'd like to play , iconic music, film quotes , and characters .

As for anime themes Lupin the Third a personal favorite of mine has already been made into sucessful Pachinko machines in Japan , and quite a few slot machines too . A Pinball based on Akira or Ghost in the Shell would also please many fans.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
So i see, thanks for pointing that out , it's not very aesthetic though is it, brown wooden frame , and they recycled Chris Achilleos art to make up the backglass and playfield , until you see the Flyer promo , you'd swear the guy made it in his garage or restored it with custom table parts . I'ts just ugly .

Not as custom job, though it is a small company in Brazil. Not sure about this particular company, but some of those early foreign manufacturers weren't a whole lot better than guys in a garage, and the fact the company only lasted 3 years, and only two of their 5 tables have release dates, doesn't bode well.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I was thinking something along the lines of Cirqus Voltaire, with a big white ball in a cage that would deflect the pinball, or maybe even get loose on the playfield. There could be an upper playfield where Number 2's iconic domed building could be the main target. So many other possibilities: the stone ship, the chessboard, the taxis.... It could be lots of fun.

For a fantasy-pinball game, Rover could rove all over the board. In a real-world table, it could move along a track in a hazardous way, sort of like Drac in Monster Bash. It would have to be something you're at least a little afraid of.

What makes me love this idea is that I can vividly imagine its initial appearance: table suddenly goes dark, then the "Rover emerges from the sea" clip plays on the DMD, with that terrifying roaring noise ripping out of the speakers...

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
as long as were doing Ivan Reitman films Ghostbusters ever a Pinball table?

Gottlieb's Bone Busters Inc. looks to me like the aftermath of a failed attempt to get the Ghostbusters license, or maybe just a knockoff.

It's almost hard to believe that there wasn't a licensed Ghostbusters table. If Ghostbusters 2 had come out about two or three years later, during the post-Addams Family pinball boom, there surely would have been.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
...It also occurs to me that Ghostbusters would have been an ideal license for Pinball 2000, if it had lasted: you could superimpose semitransparent ghosts on the playfield, and it'd look just like the wonderful ghost effects in the movie.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I would love to see a Ghostbusters pinball table that constantly is playing the Ghostbusters theme and has movie quotes throughout. It would be awesome. Perhaps if they ever come out with Ghostbusters 3, there is still hope. But they still need the original song.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Perhaps if they ever come out with Ghostbusters 3, there is still hope.

Plans about a new Ghostbusters film have been going on since the early nineties. Last I heard, they were considering a "next generation" approach, with young, currently hot actors taking the lead, while the original leads would be reduced to supporting or cameo roles. It was all but confirmed a few months ago, but has since been reduced to "possibility."

Last edited:

ehansen24

Jun 25, 2012
-Gladiator (movie) or Spartacus (tv series)
-Alien vs. Predator (choose your side at beginning, like Transformers pinball)
-Warhammer 40k

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I would love to see It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World be made into a pinball machine. There are plenty of awesome moments that can be used as jackpots or superjackpots as well as the money theme that could also be used for big scoring. The movie also has a very distinct sound track and some decent sound bytes.

;0 just to say you are a MAD man for suggesting that one! :) "mad mad" etc would be a crazy throwback machine, by far... can't say i'd throw money at that one in terms of a bet, but it's a -great- idea for us film freaks! a virtual table'd be a lot cheaper to make... :) (any other flight-sim flyers out there have probably looked up the history of the plane from the flying scenes in that; sad to say the plane got trashed and scrapped after its "flying thru the billboard scene"...)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Buckaroo Banzai

and that one... YES! that was my first thought way back when, when i first thought "hmmmm, what would -i- do?"

and i hafta repeat from another thread... METALOCALPYSE!! would be brutal... yeh, brutal! shoot i think that need at least a couple tables for each season... did they do anything past 2?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.