Upcoming table speculation

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
When Genie comes out that will give us 3 Gottlieb pins and only 2 Stern pins. Maybe FS will give us a Stern in the near future so they don't fall too far behind. But what? I'd like Seawitch if they go back in time. If they stay more current it would have to be a cheaper license like Monopoly, Wheel of Fortune, or Rollercoaster Tycoon. Wonder if there are any Stern tables sitting around the FS offices that we don't know about?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
When Genie comes out that will give us 3 Gottlieb pins and only 2 Stern pins. Maybe FS will give us a Stern in the near future so they don't fall too far behind. But what? I'd like Seawitch if they go back in time. If they stay more current it would have to be a cheaper license like Monopoly, Wheel of Fortune, or Rollercoaster Tycoon. Wonder if there are any Stern tables sitting around the FS offices that we don't know about?

I'd love to see Star Gazer from Stern, although that's probably wishful thinking.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
March: Cactus Canyon & Earthshaker: I split Earthshaker & Whirlwind because, as was pointed out to me in my own predictions thread, FarSight like to have DMD/"old-school" pairs in their bundles. Cactus Canyon may initially seem to be a counterintuitive choice, but it actually works well with Earthshaker as an Old West vs. Valley Girl Cali contrast pairing.

April: Whirlwind & Whitewater: Even though I split the Lawlor disaster tables up, we won't be waiting long for Whirlwind, as I think we'll find it in the early spring as a sort of "April showers" pack. I really hope this one comes true, since I'm an April baby and think this would make a marvelous birthday present!

The whole list would be a dream come true, but if I could just get these two months to come true, I don't think I'd ever put my iPad down.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just curious what people are thinking will be released after Dr Dude and Firepower?
I'm thinking Cactus Canyon paired with either Space Shuttle or Pinbot. I'm sure they will tell us in a week or two when Dude and FP are released, but I thought people might like to discuss what they think is coming or what they are hoping for.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think definitely Space Shuttle. And it may be paired with Champion Pub for St. Patrick's Day. Although Cactus Canyon is definitely a possibility.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Just curious what people are thinking will be released after Dr Dude and Firepower?
I'm thinking Cactus Canyon paired with either Space Shuttle or Pinbot. I'm sure they will tell us in a week or two when Dude and FP are released, but I thought people might like to discuss what they think is coming or what they are hoping for.

Would rather see Pinbot released with CC. I'm kind of ambivalent when it comes to Space Shuttle, although I did play the hell out of the machine at the movie theater arcades in San Antonio. I found the PHOF version kind of boring. When it would come up in the Williams challenge, I would always groan...kind of like I did with Sorcerer.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Apart from the ones spotted in "my trip to farsight", ie. White Water, I'm sure we can expect tables like Fish Tales, Earthshaker, Diner, High Speed, Fire!, F-14 Tomcat, and Roadshow coming up. All popular license free tables.

Whirlwind is a given too, since it was in WPHOF, it's probably interchangeable with Pinbot and Space Shuttle, as those are the only tables left to do from the Williams collection aside from Sorceror and Jive Time. They will all be paired with a newer, previously unreleased DMD table, I imagine.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It doesn't seem like Farsight is always pairing based on a theme anymore. Dr. Dude and Firepower? What do they really have in common. Nonetheless, The Champion Pub paired with Pinbot would be fitting. Two tables where the main attraction is near the center of the table. And Cactus Canyon with Space Shuttle would work well too. Cowboys and space. As to which one comes next? There's good argument for either. We think they've owned CC longer (meaning more development time) but CP would work well with St. Patrick's Day.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Forgot about CP entirely! Can't wait for that one.
And I don't think they ever had a theme to the packs :) MM and BOP, really? :p

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
FH/CV is the only table pack that I can think of remotely resembling a theme. Maybe MB/Gorgar for the monster theme? That's stretching it though, as a MB/CFTBL or MB/Elvira pack would have been way more obvious.

I think FS are actually deliberately trying to bundle together tables that are quite different, in order to push tables out to people who wouldn't normally buy that other "discounted" table. A bit sleazy, one might think, but often I think it helps people realise that they like that other table a lot more than they had thought they would.
Like it would have been obvious to bundle the two Elvira games together, but people who dig that theme would probably buy both tables anyway, and instead they ended up realizing that Big Shot is a lot more fun than they had thought. :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Taxi and Harley Davidson were pretty much the most theme-related pack you can come up with. Aside from that, everything is either non-existent theming relationship or a stretch. I don't associate Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse being very close either. A funhouse is an amusement park attraction and a circus is a travelling show although they are both fairly lighthearted with ominous undertones.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts