Version 1.29.10 Released

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Press "Start" issue

Noticed something on "Diner" for the PC that mighty effect tables, but I'm not sure. Anyhow playing Pinball Arcade on Steam with an Xbox controller. While playing Diner I matched the numbers at the end of the game and I won a free game. I was asked to press "Start" to begin the game but there doesn't seem to be anyway to do this. Pressing "Start" on the controller brings up the menu that allows you to call the operator (among other options). Is there another key to be used under these circumstances; or is this a bug.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Setting the ball reflection state in PBAConfig only has effect on the primary ball. Secondary/Captured Balls, such as...
-Orbs (Captive Balls) in TOTAN
-Crane Ball on Chain in JunkYard
-Possibly Gumballs in Twilight Zone (Hard to say 100% on this one)
These secondary balls seem to always display a static level of reflectivity independent of the user preference.

Speaking of this; I wish they would get the glossy on all the balls the same on all the games and back to the it was for the early tables. Not sure why the later crop of tables have balls that so dull.

p6800

May 17, 2013
I know the new UI is "on the way", but how hard would this be?

Just press a letter to jump to that table. Makes sense?

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
I know the new UI is "on the way", but how hard would this be?

Just press a letter to jump to that table. Makes sense?

If your answer is directed at my post then you misunderstood my problem.

I'm playing Diner..I'm not in the UI. I've matched the number on the LED at the end of the game. "Serve Again" is lit and I'm being told to press "Start". There doesn't seem to be a key/button here to "Start" As opposed to the big "Start" button BEFORE you start playing a table.

p6800

May 17, 2013
Sorry, CmputrBlu. My post has nothing to do with your post! I wanted to post a complaint/suggestion about how to get faster to a certain table from the main menu.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just out of interest - can you use the same USB thingy that is required for the X360 controller, or is it a different receiver that is required for XB1 controllers being used by a PC?

I got my X360 controller in March, before XB1 controllers were compatible (otherwise, I'd have got one).

[Edit] Any chance this post and the one above it can be split into a new thread instead? It is OT :) Thanks.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Just out of interest - can you use the same USB thingy that is required for the X360 controller, or is it a different receiver that is required for XB1 controllers being used by a PC?

I got my X360 controller in March, before XB1 controllers were compatible (otherwise, I'd have got one).

[Edit] Any chance this post and the one above it can be split into a new thread instead? It is OT :) Thanks.

I bought one of these: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...s/wireless-controller-and-play-and-charge-kit

It uses a typical USB to Micro-USB cable.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Ahh... so it's a wireless controller, but if I want to use it with my PC, I have to plug it in to my PC. Which renders it a wired wireless controller. For $75, I'll pass. The X360 controller uses a dongle as the wireless receiver, so the controller itself is at least free from those pesky cables, which is kinda the point.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts