Version 1.30.10

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Very cool, love the table art and music. Cool simplistic layout, great flow, and fine gadgets.
And great work from FS, looks superb.
Only thing to complain is for cabinet / portrait mode on pc:
- some heavy zfighting on the top right orange decal with the shadow of a woman and on the left red decal of the right ramp.
- the cam view is a bit subpar, as the dmd obscures the coffin an the top of the playfield.

+1

Yes the DMD blocks some of the coffin and the top of the playfield in Portrait Mode. Farsight please fix this in the next update..Also whats the deal with the plunger now. Used to use the right joystick on my 360 controller but now it defaults to the "A" button.
Also can we please disable that "Love Never Dies" logo at the top of the playfield. Im sure most people would agree that its not necessary.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Used to use the right joystick on my 360 controller but now it defaults to the "A" button..

I'm still able to use the wired 360 controller's right thumb stick or the A button on tables with a button launcher. Someone else posted this with a different table, and after the update, I checked the controller settings but did not make any changes, and could not recreate the problem.

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
Mike, would it be possible to move the table on Dracula down a bit it portrait view please. A lot of the upper playfield is obscured by the dmd. If you compare the table to black rose, the flippers would be further towards the bottom of the screen.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Black Knight has more ball-lock issues than before. Especially after first multiball mode of a ball. When trying to lock balls 2nd time, balls will get stuck and do the tch,tch,tch ball clacking, just pass through the lock altogether as if no lock is there, or will just eject as if you were in a multiball mode.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
I've noticed that after each patch the texture filter setting always gets reset to none. The other graphical settings will stay what I set them to except for texture filter.

Anyone else experience this?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Mike, would it be possible to move the table on Dracula down a bit it portrait view please. A lot of the upper playfield is obscured by the dmd. If you compare the table to black rose, the flippers would be further towards the bottom of the screen.

Mike is looking into this
Hopefully fixed by the next update

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I've noticed that after each patch the texture filter setting always gets reset to none. The other graphical settings will stay what I set them to except for texture filter.

Anyone else experience this?
No, but interesting.
I have it disabled by default and do all the magic via nvidia driver.
32xaa and 16xaf are no problem...

dijitao

May 11, 2014

invitro

May 4, 2012
Black Knight has more ball-lock issues than before. Especially after first multiball mode of a ball. When trying to lock balls 2nd time, balls will get stuck and do the tch,tch,tch ball clacking, just pass through the lock altogether as if no lock is there, or will just eject as if you were in a multiball mode.

Confirmed. I just played BK in Williams Challenge, and balls shot into the lock either passed through, or got stuck without registering as a lock (a nudge knocked these out), about 1/3 of the time. I didn't find it a really huge problem (and still got my 100.0 points).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I hear a hiss in the background when ever a sound sample is played on Dracula, and when it's silent I hear a pop noise every 4 seconds or so. This doesn't happen on the Android version of the table, on a real machine, in PinMAME, or in M1 (http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=223). The sound quality on Dracula isn't great to begin with, you can listen to it here: http://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/wpc-fliptronics/dracula/ - but it sounds worse in Pinball arcade.

Sound quality has taken a serious dip in the last two tables. Just compare Diner and BSD to LCA and HRC. To make it more fair, compare Diner to BK2K and BSD to Fish Tales. You make the call!

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
BSD is pretty cool, although the soundtrack is a bit monotonous :)

The BSD ramp physics or wireforming could use a bit of tweaking in that the ball maintains too much speed when hitting the end of the left habitrail and dropping down the left inlane. Compare to Bowen's PAPA tutorial video for BSD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHQQqor3KI

Diner still has the crazy turbo ramps and overpowered bumpers, too. Compare to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFB9pb2GkA

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
What did they patch tonight? I see Steam downloaded an 8mb patch and now I'm on version 1.30.11 instead of 1.30.10.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I just had something that is very annoying on BSD, activated Mist Multiball, the ball I shot to hit the Mist ball went up and activated the video mode causing the Mist Multiball to start while flippers got frozen. Only had this once so far, other issue I had and is mentioned in the BSD thread is that Multiball is activated and a ball drains causing game to think it ended while it didn't.
I just had this happen on iOS. Can anyone confirm if this is still the behaviour on the real table, or just on TPA?

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
I just had this happen on iOS. Can anyone confirm if this is still the behaviour on the real table, or just on TPA?

I suspect it is just on TPA, I think current hardware is too fast to handle the ROM of the table and it actually decides too quickly, that is how I see it. If this would happen on real table too then it would be a damn big design flaw.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Just noticed that in cactus canyon there is a huge gap of air between the tip of the plunger and the ball. Was it always that way or has it to do with the recent plunger code change maybe?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mist Multiball ending early bug will be fixed in the next update, probably released tomorrow (on steam). iOS version is getting a new patch whenever it's reviewed.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Mist Multiball ending early bug will be fixed in the next update, probably released tomorrow (on steam). iOS version is getting a new patch whenever it's reviewed.

Cool, that's been annoying me quite a bit. Is this a TPA bug or is it something that was present in the original ROMs?

Another thing I've noticed is that the service dot will appear when the game can't get a new Mist ball loaded for some reason, and it auto-starts Mist multiball when that happens. Makes it far easier to stack multiballs in particular. Maybe fixing the Mist ending bug will help clear some of these instances up too!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Small patch today

Version 1.30.12
- Fixed Cirqus hud toggle
- Fixed plunger to work with analog stick
- Fixed mist multiball bug which ended turn

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.