Version 1.33.7

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
My Xbox controller doesn't seem to shake much and doesn't like to keep shaking consistently with the machine, although this could just be my third party controller.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
But the lighting on POTO is still too bright. Hard to believe.

Mike, could you please turn down the lighting on POTO. It really does make my eyes hurt even when my monitor brightness is at 15 of 100 and contrast is 20 of 100. I do like POTO and wish my eyes didn't have to hurt after a couple of games.

Thanks for considering my request, Mike.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Is anybody else put off by the over-exaggerated shaking of the machine during multiball? Besides the annoyance that this often sends balls into the outlanes, this never happened on any, and I do mean any, real-life Earthshaker machine I have played. Yes, I've played a few.

I know that the machine did rumble, but if this hyberbolic shaking happened on any real-life machine, the legs would eventually give over time. I hope FarSight doesn't make the actual machine split open in the update.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Is anybody else put off by the over-exaggerated shaking of the machine during multiball? Besides the annoyance that this often sends balls into the outlanes, this never happened on any, and I do mean any, real-life Earthshaker machine I have played. Yes, I've played a few.

I know that the machine did rumble, but if this hyberbolic shaking happened on any real-life machine, the legs would eventually give over time. I hope FarSight doesn't make the actual machine split open in the update.

It doesn't actually shake the machine. It's just a visual illusion. If you want proof, catch a ball while it's shaking. You'll notice the ball will just sit there. BTW, you can turn off the effect if you want.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
It doesn't actually shake the machine. It's just a visual illusion. If you want proof, catch a ball while it's shaking. You'll notice the ball will just sit there. BTW, you can turn off the effect if you want.

Thanks, I saw this option in the table settings, but I assumed (incorrectly) that "Rumble: On/Off" was for the controller. It is much better, for me, without the crazy table-shaking visuals.

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
Earthshaker is fun, but seems unusually easy. I got all standard goals and 4 out of 5 wizard goals in my first 3-4 plays, just by trial and error.
Also, I can haz instructions? (Yeah, I saw the links upthread, but...)

R

Rhandos

I still get horrible tearing across all tables in a static cross stitch pattern with post processing with my GT 650 M, which distracts at a close level and makes playing zoomed out almost impossible. This happens independent of any AA or filtering options. Can I submit additional info to Farsight so this bug gets squashed? It is almost half a year old now and I don't want to turn off PP.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I don't see a rumble option on my iPad 3 anywhere.
So only certain platforms can turn off the shaking effect?
Odd......

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Really? I'm sure I caught one and the ball looked like it was moving. I'll have another look.
Edit: Maybe not.

I have a problem with rumble though... I would've thought the controller should vibrate for the entirety of the mode (ie. when the machine is making the rumbling noise) but the vibration doesn't go on for anywhere near enough. It just does it for a few seconds then stops.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I have a problem with rumble though... I would've thought the controller should vibrate for the entirety of the mode (ie. when the machine is making the rumbling noise) but the vibration doesn't go on for anywhere near enough. It just does it for a few seconds then stops.

I'll bet that's just FarSight's way of not pissing people off because their wireless controller's battery keeps draining too fast.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Earthshaker is fun, but seems unusually easy. I got all standard goals and 4 out of 5 wizard goals in my first 3-4 plays, just by trial and error.
Also, I can haz instructions? (Yeah, I saw the links upthread, but...)

The occasionally-too-easy wizard goals are alright with me. This gives me motivation to play the game to simply beat my best score.

Also, I am still, to this day, missing three wizard goals on BSD, and many goals on other tables. This could give me a chance to play catch-up.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'll bet that's just FarSight's way of not pissing people off because their wireless controller's battery keeps draining too fast.
M$ and (I assume) Sony have rules regarding how much the controller can rumble. FS said so when they released HD (which, in the real machine, rumbles from start to finish). If it doesn't rumble as much as it should, that's probably why.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
M$ and (I assume) Sony have rules regarding how much the controller can rumble. FS said so when they released HD (which, in the real machine, rumbles from start to finish). If it doesn't rumble as much as it should, that's probably why.

Correct

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts