Version 1.36.8

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Cyclone is released and 1.36.9 is out.

Version 1.36.9
- Fixed XP
- Fixed Cyclone showing as Season 1 table when trying to buy.

Version 1.36.8
- Added Cyclone
- Fixed issue where owned table (kickstarter) wasn't working if you weren't logged in/online
- TAF balls unlocked with Season Pro

NOTE: If you get a crash when trying to run, you'll need to install the VS 2012 Redistributable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

I updated steam version so it should install it now, but if it doesn't use the link provided.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.36.8 Bugs:

Cyclone:

Jackpot music - last bit loops unnaturally. Not a bug. After watching a video of the real thing, the Jackpot music looping like that seemed normal.

Other tables:

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Cyclone is released and 1.36.8 is out.

Version 1.36.8
- Added Cyclone
- Fixed issue where owned table (kickstarter) wasn't working if you weren't logged in/online
- TAF balls unlocked with Season Pro

NOTE: If you get a crash when trying to run, you'll need to install the VS 2012 Redistributable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

I updated steam version so it should install it now, but if it doesn't use the link provided.

Thanks Mike - Edit - VS2012 downloaded and installed just fine. Table is just like machine. Harder than heck to get the ball up the Comet ramp. Now I remember why this is one of my favorite machines.

Last edited:

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
Played for about twenty minutes, found a very reproducible bug. Every time I'd trigger the backboard prize wheel, when play resumed the game would run at what felt like half speed. When another camera event (like hitting a ramp) happened, normal frame rate would resume.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not working here on cabinet. Windows XP. No tables work now.

Does that have anything to do with Microsoft not supporting XP anymore? I know it's caused all sorts of havoc on the computer I have my kid using that is XP. I mean in general, not with TPA as I don't have it loaded on that computer.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Could be the (deactivated) dx11 exe slipped into the release. This does not run on xp.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Looking on the web, it seems building a project using VS 2012 wont run on XP unless you tell it to use XP toolset. I'll have to look into it when I get back in the office.

Ronwell_Pudding

Apr 7, 2014
Add 100K skill shot in Cyclone to list of bugs. Went through at least 100 shots of missing, restarting over and over again. Plunger is very inconsistent and never got 100K once. That's outlandishly improbable. Played Cyclone many times ITRW and the 100K is not that difficult to get. This PA version isn't difficult, it's impossible.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Add 100K skill shot in Cyclone to list of bugs. Went through at least 100 shots of missing, restarting over and over again. Plunger is very inconsistent and never got 100K once. That's outlandishly improbable. Played Cyclone many times ITRW and the 100K is not that difficult to get. This PA version isn't difficult, it's impossible.

It is possible, as I've done it. That being said, it is stupidly difficult and achieved purely by luck. And yes, it was mentioned in beta as needing a little more plunger leeway so that it could be more achievable.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Plungers have been an problem for recent TPA releases. SST has the occasional weak launch (even at full pull) triggering the ball saver, and TAF hd a very weak plunger which was patched after only a few days. The skill shot is extremely hard to hit, but I did it once. Unless FS fixes this, I can see not getting the wizard version of the skill shot-500K.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm getting an issue with the Alpha Numeric Display during the Mystery Wheel spin. You can clearly see the "Pinball Arcade" logo behind the display when the cam moves up to the backglass. This is strictly on vertical orientation only.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Mike sir, I beat my friends list top score in Addams Family with 1.154 billion, and it didnt upload for some reason.

Please kill me

Thanks,
Nolan

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Looking on the web, it seems building a project using VS 2012 wont run on XP unless you tell it to use XP toolset. I'll have to look into it when I get back in the office.

I can confirm this, at least as far as trying to run something on 32-bit Server 2003 that was built in VS 2012. I imagine XP gives a similar result since XP and 2003 are close cousins.

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
Not mentioned on the changelog, but the issue "WHO Dunnit" had with the table lights being really dark is fixed! Thanks FarSight, I've been craving this table lately and I can finally play it again :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
In that same train of thought, it looks like the glaring bright lights on POTO have been dimmed. I actually noticed that a month ago, but I thought it's be nice to acknowledge it. Thanks FarSight.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Does anyone else think that the lighting on Cyclone is atrocious? Like, I get it's DX9, but it just looks so flatly lit in general, like there's little more than an ambient light on it and that's it.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Damn this update was over 800megs big, what has been fixed/changed mike, updates are only usually 50-100 meg if that!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts