Version 1.38.x

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
To be clear, same slow downs and same difference in brightness in landscape or portrait, however I do run at 2560x1440 since that's the resolution of the workstation's monitor. I'll test the HD 6950 on the 1080p TV this evening once I'm home from work.

Ok, I was a little surprised, because we have the same GPU and your CPU is better than mine.
But we have a difference. My back buffer is "only" 1080x1920.
I get slowdowns in portrait mode when I use your resolution (or Eldars of course :)).

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Ok, I was a little surprised, because we have the same GPU and your CPU is better than mine.
But we have a difference. My back buffer is "only" 1080x1920.
I get slowdowns in portrait mode when I use your resolution (or Eldars of course :)).

CPU doesn't matter much in this game anyway, if you actually look at the CPU usage of TPA when running the game it doesn't use all that much. CPU wise, I imagine the game could run on a toaster, probably because it's engine can also run on a phone. But yeah, I dunno what to say, it's not like there should be a huge difference, even if the cards are assembled by another company, all the chips are assembled for AMD at the same plants. I'm running the most recent non-beta drives for the GPU if that matters.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I updated the public beta to 1.38.10. I would prefer if people stop using it going forward.

I may want to run a public beta again in the future for something else, so I would like to keep the option in.

You mean stay opted out of the beta entirely?
I tried that yesterday but so long as I was opted out it wouldn't let me play the DX11 version. When I launched the DX11 version from Steam (or the .exe, I tried both) It would say 1.38.10 DX11 in the bottom right corner, but the tables were all DX9 with no lighting controls in the options at all.

So I opted back in to the beta, it downloaded another update (after already doing the one when I opted out) and the DX11 version worked again and seems to be fine.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
You mean stay opted out of the beta entirely?
I tried that yesterday but so long as I was opted out it wouldn't let me play the DX11 version. When I launched the DX11 version from Steam (or the .exe, I tried both) It would say 1.38.10 DX11 in the bottom right corner, but the tables were all DX9 with no lighting controls in the options at all.

So I opted back in to the beta, it downloaded another update (after already doing the one when I opted out) and the DX11 version worked again and seems to be fine.

I suggest opting out of the beta now. I don't plan to keep updating the beta unless I'm doing a beta in the future.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I tested it on the 1GB Radeon HD 6950, while CV has different brightness if it's the first stable you go to till you go to a different run, it still plays in relative 'slow motion' on CV. Meanwhile on Addams Family it experiences slow down at seemingly unpredictable moments.

I'm confused by this because the early DX11 beta had NO issue running 60fps on these machines and now it's become a problem.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
But like I said, when I opt out of the beta the DX11 version no longer works for me. It will say it's DX11, but plays DX9 tables and lighting.

Try opting out of the beta then completely restarting steam. Selecting play will give you the option to select DX11. After selecting DX11 it should show the start up screen with vs 1.38.10 DX11 in the bottom right corner.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Opted out.

I noticed that the DX11 version still doesn't put me in the proper fullscreen view. I need to Alt+Enter 3 times to get it to properly display it.

rasterX

May 23, 2015
Is there a way to run the DX11 version directly? I'm trying to launch it from my front-end software. I've tried running PinballArcade11.exe and it just runs the DX9 version. I found a couple of other posts discussing this, and tried running as Administrator (both Steam.exe and PinballArcade11.exe), and with combinations of public_beta opt In/Out status, no luck. DX11 version is running fine from within the Steam interface, after selecting it in the mini-popup dialog. Just tried the new 1.38.10 build and got the same results.

Or does anyone know the Steam AppID for the DX11 version? It would be nice to know, though admittedly, might not solve the above problem.

Another issue related to front-ends is the DX11 version no longer responds to Alt-F4. I can close it with taskkill but am a little concerned it might leave save files in a bad state. For now I'm telling the family to exit via the PA interface.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Try opting out of the beta then completely restarting steam. Selecting play will give you the option to select DX11. After selecting DX11 it should show the start up screen with vs 1.38.10 DX11 in the bottom right corner.

Right, but when I opt-out it does say it's version 1.38.10 DX11 in the bottom right corner. Problem is it's actually the DX9 version running, not DX11. I have to opt back in to actually get the DX11 version to run.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
hm, there was definetly a bug in the communication relating the end of the dx11 beta and it being official and all.
someone has to close those dx11 beta bug threads instantly, or maybe rename them to dx11 release bug thread.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
If I look closer, I think that ALL of the lights on CV are brighter on first start vs starting another table and then going to CV. Looking closely does anyone else see anything like that?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
If I look closer, I think that ALL of the lights on CV are brighter on first start vs starting another table and then going to CV. Looking closely does anyone else see anything like that?

Any particular table you play that causes CV to be darker next time? I know someone else reported this as well but I'm having trouble finding that report.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I just picked CV as my first and it was brighter. Now I still got 60FPS but as soon as I went to an other table and restarted, or just had an other table picked before CV it was set at a lesser brightness.

Go Team Mike!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts