Version 1.38.x

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Any particular table you play that causes CV to be darker next time? I know someone else reported this as well but I'm having trouble finding that report.

I mostly used Champion Pub since it's right next in the list but the same also happened in Addams Family. I feel like ANY table other than CV being launched and then going to CV brings it's lights down and improves it's framerate. Basically, just don't launch the CV table first or it'll be brighter than it is any other time.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Wouldn't yu want it to be at its brightest though?

In my case, the brightness seems to relate to performance. I don't work in the game industry but the visual effects industry where we render things a bit differently, but in my experience the brighter the light source, the greater the impact it has on rendering time since it can interact with more objects in the scene. But that's with like Global Illumination Ray Tracing, and Radiosity, which don't translate directly to video gaming, but so I could be wrong.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Ripley's Believe It Or Not seems to be a lot louder than the other tables - 1.38.10 in DX11 mode. In general I think the sound in DX11 mode is all over the place, as has been noted in other threads ... I comment specifically on this because I hit this table at random (I like to spin the mousewheel to pick a table) and it was LOUD, whereas several of the other tables in DX11 mode are much quieter than usual (e.g. POTO). Needless to say, I have not altered the volume settings on my computer!

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
DX11 10:16 cameras cut off the flippers. Port the cameras over from DX9 please.
DX11 also needs a windowed fullscreen option.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Ripley's Believe It Or Not seems to be a lot louder than the other tables - 1.38.10 in DX11 mode. In general I think the sound in DX11 mode is all over the place, as has been noted in other threads ... I comment specifically on this because I hit this table at random (I like to spin the mousewheel to pick a table) and it was LOUD, whereas several of the other tables in DX11 mode are much quieter than usual (e.g. POTO). Needless to say, I have not altered the volume settings on my computer!

It sounds real, loud yes, but like in HD. All the tables must follow!

Ayrton12

May 31, 2015
Good day to the Forum. After reading for quite a while I took the decision to join.

I really like the looks of the new DX11 arcade, and did not bother to much about some bugs since I thought it is still in beta mode - since I found out it is officially released.

I would second the need for a descent 16:10 - or more like 10:16 camera as well, since my native resolution for Pinball Arcade is 1050:1680 since I bought a rotating monitor arm just for this game. Downscaling 1080x1920 works, but native resolution while seeing all of the flipper fingers in full screen would be highly appreciated.

Second one really bothering myself is a very strange bug. Playing with my XBox360 controller works fine. After hitting new Highscores on Medieval Madness and Terminator 2 I wanted to take a look at the leaderboard and recognized that I am not logged in (so no new Highscores :( ) so I went to the login screen and recognized: Whenever I use my keyboard with the DX11 version the game just crashes. All the time. I hit a key, game over. Error message and gone it is. This does neither happen with DX9 nor any other time I use my PC. I think this is really strange and I can hardly imagine that this is a common bug. Does that happen to anyone else as well? Is there a solution? Any kind of help would be VERY welcome.

Thank you for reading and quick flipper fingers!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Welcome Ayrton.

I never heard of a keyboard issue.
What does the error message say and how is your keyboard connected to the PC?

Ayrton12

May 31, 2015
Welcome Ayrton.

I never heard of a keyboard issue.
What does the error message say and how is your keyboard connected to the PC?

No error message game just freezes and I have to end it with the task manager: PinballArcade11.exe funktioniert nicht mehr aka does not work anymore - I can only click close program then. While I was checking that it was the first time I was actually able to enter my email address and the game crashes while entering my password - so I was able to enter about 20 characters then the music stopped and everything freezed.
Never happened with other games or DX9, I'm using the same Microsoft wireless desktop for about 10 years now.

SmoothBalls

May 28, 2015
Hello, i had the same issue, i then ran it as an administrator and it seemed to do the job for me, good luck anyway.

Ayrton12

May 31, 2015
At least I am not alone ;)

I managed to get my data into the game yesterday, error is still easy to reproduce though - but as long as I keep the keyboard far away while playing I can do so without trouble, I can live with that ;)

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Very much enjoying the DX11 update. Previously I was probably playing 50/50 TPA-Visual Pinball. Since the DX11 update it's probably 90/10 TPA-Visual Pinball.

Even tables that I don't like (El Dorado) look awesome with the new lighting.

Thanks again Mike.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Nope, after switching the configuration utility to 'Fullscreen' it goes fullscreen with a really scrunched aspect ratio. I have to Alt-Enter 3 times still.

???

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts