Version 1.38.x

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
And the BackBuffers are set to your liking?

Yes, 1920x1080.

I just ran a test where I had Shadowplay record before and after I alt+enter 3x. When I look at the launching resolution, it is 1440x1080 instead. After I hit alt+enter 3x and start recording, it's the proper 1080p.

6zvI2BS.jpg

tGSUbhy.jpg

Main specs:
Win7
i7 3770k@4.2
GTX 680
16 gigs

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Nope, after switching the configuration utility to 'Fullscreen' it goes fullscreen with a really scrunched aspect ratio. I have to Alt-Enter 3 times still.
???

I used to have the same issue with my AMD card and fixed it. Click Here
You may want to check the outputs of your card and look at your driver settings to find a similiar option.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
This is so weird. I am not having the issues you guys are.
Well I used to have their issues and now everything works fine after doing this.
Both, the Fullscreen option and alt-enter.
It depends on the graphics card, the monitor, the connection type and the driver settings.

Last edited:

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
I used to have the same issue with my AMD card and fixed it. Click Here
You may want to check the outputs of your card and look at your driver settings to find a similiar option.

I use a Displayport connection - besides, none of my other games require anything like that.

Mike told me he's looking into it.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
besides, none of my other games require anything like that.

Same here.
I know that it's Farsights fault.
The bug exists since day 1 (alt-enter & Fullscreen option, same issue). No one seemed to care about it.
So I had to find a solution on my own.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Same here.
I know that it's Farsights fault.
The bug exists since day 1 (alt-enter & Fullscreen option, same issue). No one seemed to care about it.
So I had to find a solution on my own.

It was in the patch notes, so I figured it was just something for beta. Now that it is officially live, it's time for a fix.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
It was in the patch notes, so I figured it was just something for beta.
Not really,
"Fullscreen option added to DX11 settings" is in the patch notes.
Which is the same, as when you start the game in windowed mode and hit alt+enter.
Both ways lead to the same bug.

My long lasting experience with Farsight tells me, don't wait for a fix if there might be a chance to fix it on your own.

Last edited:

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
Keep getting balls stuck in Black Knight where the lock is. Anyone else had this? Nudging helps loosen the ball and let it fall into the lock, but it's still kind of annoying.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
I posted this way back but for anyone who missed it here is a mini documentary showing Suzanne Ciani creating the sounds for this classic table:

Excellent, thanks for the link. Love the pretend innocence of the 80s.

Would love to see one on Bride of Pinbot (my only real table), I absolutely love the audio and music one it. The music is just superb and so much better than most 'tracker' style music on similar pins.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
This issue has been around for me since the first public Dx11 beta. When I launch the game in dx11 mode, I have to black lines at the top and the bottom of my screen, like when using a wrong resolution or aspect ratio.
http://i.imgur.com/VuExr5O.jpg
From the screenshot, I've noticed that the jpg file is 1600x1200, but none of my settings are pointing to that value. I'm trying to run it at 1920x1080.
If I run the game in dx9 mode, it works fine.
http://i.imgur.com/bQWSYu3.jpg
My pinball arcade settings:
http://i.imgur.com/f0KJjKA.png
Hardware specs: HD 5770 GPU
6GB RAM
Core 2 Quad q8400 @2.66 Ghz
My desktop resolution is 1920x1080
I'm using the latest beta AMD driver, but it's the same with the latest stable one.
Any ideas on how could I solve this?
Thanks.
Edit: "Stretched" is the word I was looking for in the title.

Ok, I fixed my Full Screen problem.
First I tried all different display settings in CCC without success.
My HD7950 graphics card has two DVI outputs. DVI-I and DVI-D.
At first I was using DVI-I. Then I switched to DVI-D.
In CCC I have to enable GPU up-scaling.

CCC -> My Digital Flat-Panels -> Properties (Digital Flat-Panel) -> Enable GPU up-scaling

Problem solved.

(DVI)

I am glad that you fixed your border problem Biff. I try to play TPA DX11 in "Fullscreen" mode and I have a about a 1/2" border around the whole game. I've come to be satisfied by playing in "Fullscreen Windowed", at least the table I play has no horizontal border.

I am just ignorant in how to tweak my graphics card. It's just incomprehensible to me. I would like to install No Ex's delightful Camera Mod. I have no idea what to do, it's the same with Virtual Pinball. Jeff posted exact step-by-step directions on how to install VP and I'm still befaffled. (baffled and befuddled)

I wish I knew what to do with my HD7700 Graphics card. My only direct connection to my HP w-2408 monitor is my HDMI port. My only other port on the monitor is for VGA and I would need an adapter for the other ports on my graphics card. I know that someday this will be fixed. Mr. Mike Reitmeyer and his crew has fixed so many bugs and enhanced the TPA PC experience, that I know one day I will start playing in DX11 and my whole screen with be filled with TPA table.

With that all said. I still love the DX11 version over DX9. Thanks Mike and all other fine employees of FarSight Studios. I appreciate all you do. Can't wait for the new season of TPA.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Hey Frank,

you should have a 16:10 monitor and your resolution is 1920x1200 ... right?
I don't know how TPA looks on a 16:10 screen but the forum member "JPelter" talks about
16:10 screens all the time and I think he has black bars too ...

Anyhow, try this.

1.Hit the "Windows" key and the "R" key at the same time.

The Windows Key should look like this:
winkey.jpg

2. Now after hitting Windows Key and R a new Window appears which has a command prompt.
Type in: ccc and click OK.

This is the Window on Windows 7.
rundiag.jpg

3. This starts a program which is known as the Catalyst Control Center

Now click on "My Digital Flat-Panels" and then "Properties (Digital Flat-Panel)"

Make a checkmark on "Enable GPU up-scaling" and click "Apply" on the bottom right.

ccc.jpg

4. Try these settings in the "PBA Configuration Utility"

tpaset.jpg

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for you help Biff.

I did try your settings; however, I still have the border around TPA. At least when I play in Full Screen Windowed, I have my task bar and upper border showing, but the screen is filled horizontally. TPA does look better with the tweaks you gave me and I hope one day that in DX11 the border will go away.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Thanks for you help Biff.

I did try your settings; however, I still have the border around TPA. At least when I play in Full Screen Windowed, I have my task bar and upper border showing, but the screen is filled horizontally. TPA does look better with the tweaks you gave me and I hope one day that in DX11 the border will go away.

DX11 only allows you to play in Fullscreen Mode or in a Window.
When you maximize a Window, you can still see your task bar, this is not a bug.
I had hope that your black bars would disappear when you play in Fullscreen Mode
but apparently TPA is not optimized for 16:10 screens.

So as it seems, you have to wait for Farsight to fix this.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
DX11 only allows you to play in Fullscreen Mode or in a Window.
When you maximize a Window, you can still see your task bar, this is not a bug.
I had hope that your black bars would disappear when you play in Fullscreen Mode
full

but apparently TPA is not optimized for 16:10 screens.

So as it seems, you have to wait for Farsight to fix this.

I am patient to for this to happen.

Edit: Couldn't get my screenshot to upload.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
TPA_Border.png

You can see the top and bottom border easily. The side border is marked by the arrow on the left and it's the same size border on the right side.

I hope you can fix this soon Mike the Man and all the other fine TPA PC programmers.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I finally found the way to get DX11 to play full screen. I'm sorry for whining for an update to TPA. There was a AMD 7700 driver update that came out a wee bit ago that I hadn't installed. I installed that and a couple of other AMD Radeon programs that came with the update. I started TPA and it looked the same, I remembered in a thread awhile back that you need to hit alt + enter twice to get the full screen. Before I did this update, when I did the alt + enter twice it just went back to a bordered screen. Now it plays full screen.

Happy at last. Sorry Mike and other PC programmers for not being totally computer savvy and giving you a tuff time. I also thank Biff and the rest of you fine PAFF members for all your help. I couldn't have accomplished what I wanted without you.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts