Version 1.43.7

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
hi i found another bug with new frankenstein table

the head of the monster is not moving during play

i saw several yt videos and the head is moving on real machines.
hope this will be fixed :)

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013

hope this will be fixed :)[/QUOTE

That's a pretty big bug than...Haven't played it yet..Jyst woke up

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Tiny patch up to fix the score reporting.

Version 1.43.8
- Fixed scores reporting over 9,999,999,990 on the leaderboards

We'll also have someone adjust the leaderboards so they show the correct value.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
it goes back to 1.38.10 so my original theory was correct, that is last build before official dx11 build was released

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012

hope this will be fixed :)

This was mentioned last night in the Twitch live stream. They know about it and a fix is supposedly coming. Hopefully. :rolleyes:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
FYI, I set the public beta to 1.43.8. I'll update it to the new UI when that build is ready (looking like monday due to a bug with the DX11 version) and I'll post a new thread for that.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Have a peek from their stream and I was there and it was asked in chat if straight table launching was possible, Mike replied its complicated.

Thanks for posting that. My cab runs off a script that already auto-launches straight to the table and that UI will definitely make it quit working, but worse that UI looks anti-cabinet.

Honestly that UI actually looks even worse than what we already have. It also looks like instead of the simple, fairly cab-friendly menu we currently have that can be navigated with simple up/down keypresses and just 2 buttons, they decided to spread it all around with icons and options scattered about the screen. It looks like it has menus buried in menus, a messy windows-box filters menu, special balls showing on screen even if I never want to use them and worst of all it looks like it needs a mouse to navigate it all. No way... If it does requires a mouse to navigate the menu then they just killed off dedicated cabs.

I'm already getting angry at what I saw, but there's no way that could actually be how it turns out. Could it? The only thing that could even save it with that UI would be built in straight table launching.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
While I don't personally care for it aesthetically there are options users have been asking for, mainly sorting, which I welcome but, what I meant by straight table launching was command line arguments for table launching.

The UI will be across all platforms not just PC, hopefully we'll get our hands on it to evaluate it further on monday.
I had a feeling the UI update took so long because it had to be about the same on each platform, everyones going to get stuck with a touch-looking interface if mobile is their biggest market

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Aesthetically it's really ugly, but my problem is that if it requires a mouse then it won't work well with anyone's cabinets and that menu is so overly convoluted writing a script to navigate it would be a pain.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The design is not pretty, I also like bigger table pictures better than those tiny icons. At first glance they all look identical. Maybe you can resize them later.
The functions and features are pretty cool I have to admit!

I hope it works like zen, which looks similar and can be navigated by cursor. The submenus make me worry though. What a bad design idea, especially for consoles and mobiles. My god, there are a million single layer UIs out there... Why they always try to reinvent the bad ideas.

As last resort you can use xpadder to emulate a mouse. Just need some extra buttons to map it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
The existing UI is much nicer - this new one is way too complex for a video game.

It reminds me of Windows 8 when the start menu was removed, and tiles were added in a totally random order.

I think I will make the current public version of TPA my last update for the cabinet, locked and working with the latest camera/cab mod until some kind of command-line table launch is added by Farsight (like Zen added). Hopefully that can be done.

Last edited:

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
Ugh. I just hope at the very least it can be navigated by arrow cursor. I agree- not a big fan of the tiny icons menu, it's not as visually eye catching when browsing through tables... Will miss the hyperspin menu style.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts