Version 1.50.x

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
GTX 680. It's never fullscreened properly once DX11 was an option. I have to alt-enter twice, even after I wiped my entire machine for a fresh install of Windows 10 (no upgrade.)

GTX670, same problem, also running 1920x1080 and dual screen setup Main screen is HDMI-HDMI, 2nd screen is DVI-HDMI.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
They should add 'borderless fullscreen windowed' mode to DX11 options, it was already in DX9 launch options.
GTX 960 via displayport, borderless fullscreen windowed via background process that waits for game to launch

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Sounds like the issue is with these GTX cards and/or dual screen setups then. Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G935V

I only have a single monitor now, and if I downgrade the resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080, the full screen issue returns. I would think that the dual monitor setup is not part of the equation.

Nvidia cards using 1920x1080 with DX11 are the only factors that have carried over from one PC to another.

If I use DX9 with 1920x1080, the issue is resolved. If I use DX11, but change the resolution, the issue is resolved.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I play in 1920x1080 on a GTX 980M and haven't had any issues with TPA giving me a wrong aspect ratio in either fullscreen or windowed mode with DX9 or DX11

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Similarly here, I have a GTX760 and mainly play in 1080x1920 DX11 portrait mode, and I don't see any problems. I have a single-monitor set up.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Could it be an Nvidea card setting then? Something some have turned on and others haven't?

I update the drivers for the video card whenever a new version is available. I perform a clean install each time and completely delete the old version.

The only settings that I make are to limit the pre-rendered frames to 1 to help reduce any latency with the controller input, but I haven't made any other changes. Pinball Arcade is the only game that I had trouble with at 1920x1080, and I play tons of games, a few that use DX11, too.

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
I play in 1920x1080 on a GTX 980M and haven't had any issues with TPA giving me a wrong aspect ratio in either fullscreen or windowed mode with DX9 or DX11

M=Mobile = Laptop = Single Screen.

Similarly here, I have a GTX760 and mainly play in 1080x1920 DX11 portrait mode, and I don't see any problems. I have a single-monitor set up.

Single Screen, all of use with issues run Dual Screen :(

Could it be an Nvidea card setting then? Something some have turned on and others haven't?

I have not altered any settings, its just dual screen and the resolution that seems to mess up something.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
M=Mobile = Laptop = Single Screen.

Single Screen, all of use with issues run Dual Screen :(

I have not altered any settings, its just dual screen and the resolution that seems to mess up something.

I only have a single 2560x1440 32" screen. I don't have the problem anymore, and it is the ONLY part of my system that was changed. If I go into the display setting and set the resolution to 1920x1080, the same issue with Pinball Arcade happens and I have to ALT+ENTER twice to get the full screen to appear at 1920x1080. I don't think it is dual screen.

I actually disconnected one of my monitors and swapped a few different cables around attempting to isolate the issue not too long ago when I was still using dual monitors. Thought maybe it had something to do with DVD-I vs DVD-D, but that wasn't it either. Now I can recreate the issue using a DisplayPort 2 cable.

Is your video card EVGA?

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Is your video card EVGA?

I have the GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC 2048MB, it really doesn't matter what is infront, it still is just a modified Nvidia card, something is going on though and I really hope they can fix this rather unnecessary issue.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
So much better with the new UI. Way better organized and clean.

Having said that, I still have to alt+enter multiple times to get proper fullscreen in 1080p@60hz.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
That still happening? I managed to fix it by turning on Multiball Camera in the options, though it wasn't a 100% fix, IIRC. Also there's a plunger view that is pretty much the entire table, for some reason, and you can use that in a pinch.

Note that this only happens when a multiball is started from the scoop, so it usually doesn't happen for Frankie multiball because it starts from the center ramp, but will for Mosh Pit, MB, and MoR multiballs.

As of Saturday, it still is. Bummer as this is one of my faves. So many season 1 tables could benefit from a remix. It will never happen-where's the BK rom emulation?Yet SST and MSF, two of the least-enjoyable tables in TPA are getting "remastered" in STPA.

I would much rather they fix tables like MB, BK, and others rather than give us rehashes of Stern's previous tables and awful-looking versions of their latest tables. (Star Trek looks butt-ugly compared to the real machine in STPA).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
As of Saturday, it still is. Bummer as this is one of my faves. So many season 1 tables could benefit from a remix. It will never happen-where's the BK rom emulation?Yet SST and MSF, two of the least-enjoyable tables in TPA are getting "remastered" in STPA.

I would much rather they fix tables like MB, BK, and others rather than give us rehashes of Stern's previous tables and awful-looking versions of their latest tables. (Star Trek looks butt-ugly compared to the real machine in STPA).

Keep in mind, Star Trek isn't truly "finished". You could tell by the DX9-like graphics.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts