virtuapin on shark tank CNBC tonight.

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
I messaged vpcabs, and asked if I wanted to play a old pinball table from the arcade could I? They said yes but I would have to download it. So I go over to VP and they are getting pissed because someone told them the cabs are being sold with the tables preloaded which isn't true.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Heck, why is he negotiating at all, why wouldn't the VPcab just include Zen at its regular cheap retail price?

Probably because legally he can't. If I remember right normally when you buy a game (disc or digital) you're just buying the licensing rights to play it for personal use, you don't technically have the right to show it publicly, charge others to play it or to resell it.

Codec717

Apr 21, 2013
I messaged vpcabs, and asked if I wanted to play a old pinball table from the arcade could I? They said yes but I would have to download it. So I go over to VP and they are getting pissed because someone told them the cabs are being sold with the tables preloaded which isn't true.

Preloaded as in playable in PinballX out of the box? No. Let's just say digging around the c: drive was like Christmas morning. Woop Woop

Source: I bought a Vertigo first week of April.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
In my cab I have VP, Pro Pinball, TPA and Pinball FX2 and they get played most in that order, however PinballFX2 I think I have only ever loaded half a dozen times. I am even tempted to uninstall it so find it incredibly difficult to see how anyone would want to pay a 1700 premium to get someone to click the install button for them. Incredible!

The drama over at VPF is pretty sad to follow. Definitely feel there is some kind of bullying going on towards Paul (the forum owner and Virtuapin owner). I don't want to get involved with all the drama nowadays that fires up, but having dealt with him many years ago I can honestly say he is straight as they come, does things by the book, was extremely helpful on several occasions, and isn't in it purely for the money. Don't feel the same about VPCabs people from the observations I have made - will leave it at that.

Last edited:

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
Probably because legally he can't. If I remember right normally when you buy a game (disc or digital) you're just buying the licensing rights to play it for personal use, you don't technically have the right to show it publicly, charge others to play it or to resell it.

But if I sell my game system do I have to wipe the drive clean? So the buyer doesn't get the programs, I purchased? And even in that case can you sell a computer with a operating system on it? Or can you only sell the blank hard drive.?

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
But if I sell my game system do I have to wipe the drive clean? So the buyer doesn't get the programs, I purchased?
From a legal perspective probably. You would need to wipe it anyway (or they would) because digital content is locked to your account, with your personal info, payment info, history, messages, your password etc...

Selling a system and giving them access to your account would be crazy.

Sent from my SM-G935V

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
From a legal perspective probably. You would need to wipe it anyway (or they would) because digital content is locked to your account, with your personal info, payment info, history, messages, your password etc...

Selling a system and giving them access to your account would be crazy.

Sent from my SM-G935V

Well wouldn't you have to wipe the operating system off it also? Since technically you really only own the hardware?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
You talking about a PC? I thought by game system you meant a game Co sole like PS4 or Xbox.

I suppose legaly you would be supposed to wipe anything that was licensed to you, but does anyone actually do that or really care? Probably not often.

He probably doesn't have a choice since it's a legal business.

Sent from my SM-G935V

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
Well I'm just saying, think of how screwed GameStop would be if the game company's , enforced the law about the license deal. They wouldn't be able to resell game systems.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yeah. If I remember right it's come up before. Didn't they outlaw reselling games/software in Japan a few years back for that reason. Or at least started enforcing it? Can't remember...

Sent from my SM-G935V

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Still wrong. The one on Shark Tank is VP Cabs, whose website is virtualpinball.com

Obviously that being so close in name (at least the website) to Virtuapin, can see the confusion. Their site is virtuapin.com
shutyertrap,thanks mate ,I confuse myself quite easy !!!!:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Recorded podcast yesterday and Brad of VP Cabs joined us for the entire session. I think you guys will really enjoy hearing his story and everything VP Cabs has going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts