Visual Pinball Tournament Thread

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
You can use any table you wish, just make sure its the latest version available from vpforums so other people can get hold of it.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Oh, would have thought that's the main source for Groni's tables. *browses to VPForums to DL updates*

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
Ok, here's my entry:
I hope it's fair enough. I cut some fragments, entire thing is about 12 minutes long. Sound went off-sync so i replaced it with theme. Settings were adjusted by the rules of the tournament (no extra balls, tournament mode on, 4 balls, all via operator menu like showed at the beginning). If anyone has doubts/complains, feel free to inform me. One shot one go, no strings. Version used: Bally - Attack from Mars - Megapin - V3.3. It's mediocre score, i could do better with extra ball(s) but rules r rules. No nudge was used, no real martians were harmed during the recording.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I finally got VP working, I think :confused: The demo need for speed actually runs this time, lol.

But now i'm at a bit of a loss as far as what I actually need from the site. I need a ROM and the table and back glass info all for one game? That will eat up the 5 files/day limit quick, eh?

Or have I totally missed someting?

The file limit only applies to tables, roms and other files don't count.
If you really really enjoy VPForums, you can give them 10$ for a year of Silver Membership and get unlimited tables.

I just pulled 33.3B on attack from mars (JPSALAS Version) but just under default rules, but had rule the universe by ball 3 (lost first and second ball trying to hit the damn scoop). Best score I've ever gotten on it though.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ok, this isn't my entry but my official entry will be JPSALAS' Eight Ball Deluxe.

This post will detail how it's set (it can't be set according to original post as there is no tournament mode).

I set the dip switches as per a PAPA video I found (the guy gave random tidbits of how it was set during his tutorial and I used these settings)
I have them detailed in the image attached.
To get the dip switch menu simply press F6, check the appropriate boxes/radio buttons hit ok and press F3 to reset the rom with those settings.

To disable extra balls, you need to access the table's self test menu:

Press the 7 key and it will start self-testing. Continue pressing the 7 key until the "Ball in Play" reads "16"
Press the 1 key (1 player start) to set the value in all four player score locations to "01" (replay awards 50,000, left lane extra ball awards 25,000)

Press 7 again to move "Ball in Play" to "17" and set the value to "03" (Replay for scoring threshold).

I will post my score in a bit.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Settings were found here on page 4A

This is the PAPA video I based the DIPs on

8OmpA.jpg

EDIT:

Here is my official entry for Eight Ball Deluxe:

33cQh.jpg

EDIT 2:

Here is my AFM Entry
(Keep in mind that it's the Megapin AFM and not JPSALAS):

AgNi8.jpg

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
What happens when you pick a table nobody else plays? A butt-ugly reproduction with instant-drain-syndrome. Will you a) instantly become the all time champ on that table, or b)get shown who's boss by some massochist with a grudge and too much time on their hands?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Any table of interest will do if others pick it up then go for it, if they dont i see no point on posting new scores more than a few times.

Someone do a warlock and ill go to war

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Too bad you casn't edit in a poll afterwards. Maybe some keyboard vs Joypad bar-graph might've been interresting on the side.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.